The God Anteros
Eh...not cute at all, sorry......
Cute is art like this.

http://morganreneemitchell.deviantart.com/#/d5sutbo

Or this.

http://morganreneemitchell.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5rrvd2

Art by me.

I'm sorry, but as an artist, I cannot honestly say your art looks "cute"

I can honestly say you need to improve, though. Maybe if you work hard, your art will look good in 5 years or so. ^^;

first of all, comparing your art with hers is completely unfair since you're more experienced.
yes your art is sort of cute but some of your anatomy needs work.

second of all yes she needs more improvement but if this is her first time I think she did an okay job if you compaire it to the other stuff around here.

I think this looks sort of cute.. the lines however could use a lot of work as for the anatomy. But like I said, still looks bettee than most of the stuff people throw in the arena.

Ok "first of all" that style of chibi looks like that on PURPOSE. I can draw an anatomically correct person if I so choose, but then it wouldn't be a chibi, now would it? (I can also draw multiple styles of chibis, so they don't all look like that. For examples, go to my art advertisement thread, via this URL)

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/mini-shops/open-heavenly-art-shoppe/t.84530595/?_gaia_t_=7564

The style you saw is a more recent style I am drawing, and still tweaking with. *bows*

Second of all, it's not unfair at all. I'm comparing her art to other art. Whether it's mine or not makes no difference.

And her first time or not, she NEEDS to improve.
Just saying it like it is, I'm not one for sugarcoating. =___=

If she wanted a lovey-dovey critique, she should've said, "hey, give me compliments!"

In the thread title. :p

awww you got mad at my little opinion? that's cute xD you obviously can't handle other people's opinions but hey, so can't I!
I still think your anatomy needs work though, doesn't matter how many links you spam me with. true, you can compair your art with her, all I was saying it makes you look like a kind of an a** to say ''Look REAL cute art like MINE...'' but hey that's my opinion.

and it's okay you're not sugarcoating.

But I do LOVE your avatar though <3

Fatcat

lady yaoi
The God Anteros
lady yaoi
The God Anteros
Eh...not cute at all, sorry......
Cute is art like this.

http://morganreneemitchell.deviantart.com/#/d5sutbo

Or this.

http://morganreneemitchell.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5rrvd2

Art by me.

I'm sorry, but as an artist, I cannot honestly say your art looks "cute"

I can honestly say you need to improve, though. Maybe if you work hard, your art will look good in 5 years or so. ^^;

first of all, comparing your art with hers is completely unfair since you're more experienced.
yes your art is sort of cute but some of your anatomy needs work.

second of all yes she needs more improvement but if this is her first time I think she did an okay job if you compaire it to the other stuff around here.

I think this looks sort of cute.. the lines however could use a lot of work as for the anatomy. But like I said, still looks bettee than most of the stuff people throw in the arena.

Ok "first of all" that style of chibi looks like that on PURPOSE. I can draw an anatomically correct person if I so choose, but then it wouldn't be a chibi, now would it? (I can also draw multiple styles of chibis, so they don't all look like that. For examples, go to my art advertisement thread, via this URL)

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/mini-shops/open-heavenly-art-shoppe/t.84530595/?_gaia_t_=7564

The style you saw is a more recent style I am drawing, and still tweaking with. *bows*

Second of all, it's not unfair at all. I'm comparing her art to other art. Whether it's mine or not makes no difference.

And her first time or not, she NEEDS to improve.
Just saying it like it is, I'm not one for sugarcoating. =___=

If she wanted a lovey-dovey critique, she should've said, "hey, give me compliments!"

In the thread title. :p

awww you got mad at my little opinion? that's cute xD you obviously can't handle other people's opinions but hey, so can't I!
I still think your anatomy needs work though, doesn't matter how many links you spam me with. true, you can compair your art with her, all I was saying it makes you look like a kind of an a** to say ''Look REAL cute art like MINE...'' but hey that's my opinion.

But I do LOVE your avatar though <3[/

You call a guy an a**. I am a 20 year old woman, so you would call me another name.

I know my art is good, and I have no problem with flaunting my own art. So show me YOUR art before you tell me mine is crap.

I never listen to an opinion unless it comes from an artist who is as good as me, or better then me.

Also, just FYI, for all of the chibis requested for Gaia, I get paid 300-700k per pop.(if the person has less, and really can't pay more, I sometimes draw for em anyway. Gold is gold.)
And since this Anteros is a character account, I just hoard all the gold I get.
After all, my Avis's already finished, he looks the part.

So you can like my Avi all you like, I won't like you. mad

Basically, I'm telling you to actually know what you're talking about, as an artist, or go away.
If you actually reply to this, I'm just adding you to my ignore, kid.

Shirtless Fatcat

The God Anteros
lady yaoi

You call a guy an a**. I am a 20 year old woman, so you would call me another name.

I know my art is good, and I have no problem with flaunting my own art. So show me YOUR art before you tell me mine is crap.

I never listen to an opinion unless it comes from an artist who is as good as me, or better then me.

Also, just FYI, for all of the chibis requested for Gaia, I get paid 300-700k per pop.(if the person has less, I'll just draw them a lineart)

Basically, I'm telling you to actually know what you're talking about, as an artist, or go away.

I swear, my 4 year old niece is better behaved then you. *disgusted*

First of all, you two need to stop fighting. It's really rude to the OP who is trying to get feedback.

Secondly, Lady Yaoi is correct in saying you posting your art here saying "No this isn't cute, MY art is cute." isn't being blunt and sugarcoating, it's being arrogant and rude. Not only that, it's against this forum's rules to post your art in other people's threads.

Third, "Let's see how well you draw then!" "I will only listen to people who are at my drawing level or better." is a really obnoxious and arrogant thing to say. You don't have the be a chef to know that the food tastes bad, if someone goes out of their way to critique you and help you out, you should take it kindly instead of brushing it off. Even though you do have skill, it's certainly not the best and you could use a lot of improvement, so stop acting like everyone's trying to pick a fight with you. (I've seen some of your threads around while I've been poking around and you do act rather defensively, I don't mean to offend you here.)

Sorry if I seemed rude, and again I didn't mean to offend! Now that my little mini rant is out of the way:

OP, if you plan on getting serious in art (I don't know where you stand at the moment), you should go back to pencil and paper and practice the basics and draw nonstop. If you think it's cute then it's cute, everyone has their own perception of what is cute and what isn't. (Like I think alligators are really adorable) But for now I'd just practice traditional, contrary to popular belief, drawing digitally doesn't automatically make your art look better--but do whatever you want to!

Fatcat

Motts Applesauce
The God Anteros
lady yaoi

Also, just FYI, for all of the chibis requested for Gaia, I get paid 300-700k per pop.(if the person has less, I'll just draw them a lineart)

I swear, my 4 year old niece is better behaved then you. *disgusted*

First of all, you two need to stop fighting. It's really rude to the OP who is trying to get feedback.

Secondly, Lady Yaoi is correct in saying you posting your art here saying "No this isn't cute, MY art is cute." isn't being blunt and sugarcoating, it's being arrogant and rude. Not only that, it's against this forum's rules to post your art in other people's threads.

Third, "Let's see how well you draw then!" "I will only listen to people who are at my drawing level or better." is a really obnoxious and arrogant thing to say. You don't have the be a chef to know that the food tastes bad, if someone goes out of their way to critique you and help you out, you should take it kindly instead of brushing it off. Even though you do have skill, it's certainly not the best and you could use a lot of improvement, so stop acting like everyone's trying to pick a fight with you. (I've seen some of your threads around while I've been poking around and you do act rather defensively, I don't mean to offend you here.)

Sorry if I seemed rude, and again I didn't mean to offend! Now that my little mini rant is out of the way:

OP, if you plan on getting serious in art (I don't know where you stand at the moment), you should go back to pencil and paper and practice the basics and draw nonstop. If you think it's cute then it's cute, everyone has their own perception of what is cute and what isn't. (Like I think alligators are really adorable) But for now I'd just practice traditional, contrary to popular belief, drawing digitally doesn't automatically make your art look better--but do whatever you want to!

Now that your little mini rant is out of the way, you won't be talking to me anymore. *adds you both to ignore*

Friendly Browser

Ok, all three of you need to sit down and take a breath.

First. The God Anteros.
I see nothing wrong with you posting your art as an example, or with you not sugarcoating, but you taking the bait isn't smart. Also, saying your art is better isn't very nice. And you arguing with other users, when you say you are 20 YEARS OLD, is not smart. You are an adult, woman! Act like one!

I will bet my bucket that most of these users are way younger then you! And they are being more sensible, by far! So grit your teeth and smile.

People who have grievances against this user:

I understand where you are coming from, I really do, but that's no reason for you to give into your urges and be as immature as Anteros.

Just ignore her. Remember, some users won't agree with you no matter what you do, so arguing is pointless.

And doll, your art:

It's sorta cute, but you do need to improve, might I suggest looking up some tutorials on deviantart, or YouTube? ^^

Thanks for listening all. It's been grand. ^^;

Fatcat

Mysteri Infiniti

First. The God Anteros.
I see nothing wrong with you posting your art as an example, or with you not sugarcoating, but you taking the bait isn't smart. Also, saying your art is better isn't very nice. And you arguing with other users, when you say you are 20 YEARS OLD, is not smart. You are an adult, woman! Act like one!

I will bet my bucket that most of these users are way younger then you! And they are being more sensible, by far! So grit your teeth and smile.

I understand where you are coming from, I really do, but that's no reason for you to give into your urges and be as immature as Anteros.

Just ignore her. Remember, some users won't agree with you no matter what you do, so arguing is pointless.

And doll, your art:

It's sorta cute, but you do need to improve, might I suggest looking up some tutorials on deviantart, or YouTube? ^^

O/////O

Ok, fine. I'm sorry. >>

Friendly Browser

The God Anteros
Mysteri Infiniti

First. The God Anteros.

And doll, your art:

O/////O

Ok, fine. I'm sorry. >>

Glad you calmed down.

Fatcat

Mysteri Infiniti
The God Anteros
Mysteri Infiniti

First. The God Anteros.

And doll, your art:

O/////O

Ok, fine. I'm sorry. >>

Glad you calmed down.

<~<;

Friendly Browser

Anyone know who the user called Robo Wanker is? Because someone with that name just tipped me on here. :/

Fluffy Bunny

Ugh...that's an odd username.

But, thank you. Im glad you calmed down. c:
I am not that serious about art. I like writing better. c:
But, I do draw often just for fun. I would never sell my art.
Because I know how awful it is. I think my art is cute
because it reminds me of a childs drawing. Lqtm.
But, thank you all for the rating. ^__^
And, I believe every artistic thing I do is awful.
Even people tell me its good. >u<'

Hilarious Genius

Mysteri Infiniti
Anyone know who the user called Robo Wanker is? Because someone with that name just tipped me on here. :/

It's Motts Applesauce, haha. It's my side that I run temp shops and freebs on (I forgot to switch over lmao woops)--I tipped as a "Hey I agree with you and I apologize" instead of just replying and spamming/bumping the thread, sorry if I weirded you out!

0PorcelainHeart0

I guess it is, isn't it? Haha.

If you think everything is awful then you won't improve! It's not awful, no art is ever awful. You can only improve--and anyone can sell art at the right price ahaha.
Goodluck in your artistic/writing adventures!

Friendly Browser

Robo Wanker
Mysteri Infiniti

It's Motts Applesauce, haha. It's my side that I run temp shops and freebs on (I forgot to switch over lmao woops)--I tipped as a "Hey I agree with you and I apologize" instead of just replying and spamming/bumping the thread, sorry if I weirded you out!

0PorcelainHeart0

I guess it is, isn't it? Haha.

If you think everything is awful then you won't improve! It's not awful, no art is ever awful. You can only improve--and anyone can sell art at the right price ahaha.
Goodluck in your artistic/writing adventures!

Ah! Sorry. I was a little freaked. XD
But thanks for the tip! *glomps* >w<

Aw, just you wait! If you keep drawing,doll, you'll be great! *mews*
And sorry, your name makes me think of a porcelain doll. So is calling you that ok? :3

And mew? Who needed to calm down?

Fluffy Bunny

Mysteri Infiniti
User Image

Sure, doll is okay! ^__^ You can really call me anything. c:

Fashionable Explorer

OP: Well, it's a good start! I can assure you that every single one of us started not being able to draw a stick man out of a paper bag (I really wish I could show you the stuff I was drawing years ago... man... It was pretty funny). Everyone has to start somewhere, and at this stage the important part isn't the result but the fact that you enjoyed the process.

You should keep practicing, and keep trying to push your own boundaries. Draw some boys, draw some girls with short hair. Draw a tea pot, or a cat. Draw a building. If you don't know what those things look like, look it up! Go outside, find some photos or videos, whatever. As you go, you will learn new things that will help you improve.

And it's REALLY important to keep two things in mind:

a) You will always have room to improve; learning to draw is a dynamic, never-ending process, and no one is ever going to be 100% perfect. BUT
b) You are learning. You are trying. That's the important part. Don't go hard on yourself if your art doesn't look like Rembrandt overnight. As long as you keep drawing, you will keep improving. Don't EVER let anyone make you feel like s**t because you're a beginner. It is crucial for your learning process to accept people who try to help you by providing you helpful criticism and suggestions on how to improve, but you absolutely do not need to tolerate nor listen to asshats who just want to put someone down. And don't put yourself down, either. If you repeat something long enough, you do begin to believe it.

If you would like to supplement your drawing with some technical stuff, "Drawing on the Right Side of The Brain" is a very good book. It teaches you the basics of looking at things from an artistic perspective - how to visualize, and how to transfer your visualizations onto a medium. There is also a great vast resource of artist reference and instruction books in public domain, which you can look up 100% for free (there's a handy list of them over in Art Discussion).

Genius

The God Anteros

you don't act like a 20 year old woman though, and that comes from a 23 year old so you're welcome.
and no I'm not going to show my art because I have nothing to prove to you here and it seems rather pointless against you.
you get gaia gold for your art, now that is such an adorable way to show your...''greatness'' *claps* good for you.
it was a compliment for your avatar, not for your personallity you know.
you can ignore me all you want little lady, if you're that immature that's fine with me.

oh, and you quoted this wrong xD Just saying, don't get upset now : x juuuuust advice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff