Welcome to Gaia! ::

Edit: Sorry for being a dumbass, guys. Just ignore this.

Hey all, so last night I was drawing a challenging picture to relax myself. I thought I'd make it a little harder by drawing a human subject, but I still went easy on myself and did a bust shot.

I draw in a somewhat cartoony style, so I'm not asking if it's realistic or not. And it's also a WIP, I plan on doing what I call a "lineless color" later, so it'll look really sketchy, but what I want critique on is this:
1. How can I make the hand look better? I know it's TOTALLY weird looking and I want to fix it.
2. If you know what it's from, does it look recognizable? Are you able to tell what it's from?
3. Does the mouth need to be moved? I feel like it might.
4. Does the left arm need to be thickened or anything?

And image:
User Image

And reference:
http://youtu.be/eRsGyueVLvQ?t=10m28s

It's not supposed to look EXACTLY like the scene, because from my experience, trying to draw the exact pose will butcher the final product if you're not at a certain level. I just wanted the basic gist of the scene.

Edit: I do plan on elongating her face and making her sunken cheeks more pronounced.

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200

Oh s**t.
Sorry to spam the forum. Gaia's getting harder and harder to figure out these days. Thanks for the redirect!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff