Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
I have been working on a piece today, it's currently unfinished but i plan on finishing it tomorrow. Before i finish it i would like some helpful advice or critique if possible. Any issues with proportions? shading etc.

Here is the pic.

User Image

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
One small thing; even though the head and upper body are drawn almost at a 3/4 viewing angle, the crotch and legs are drawn straight forward and a little offset from where it should be to connect properly to the upper body. It's not impossible for the hips to be at a different angle than the upper body, but there's nothing implying the body is twisting. If I wanted to be really picky, the lines that represent the abdominal muscles look just ever so slightly to close to the edge of the body, but that's fairly minor.

The shading is almost unnoticeable. It's really close to the base tone and most of it hugs the line art tightly evenly around the body and clothes with very little consideration of a light source that it fails in the purpose of shading in that it's supposed to imply volume.

Gutterbones's Prince

Alien Kin

25,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Personally I think the shading and highlighting are weak. Not enough dynamic in the shading, not enough colour difference, and way too much highlighting.
Her more delicate features like the tone of her stomach, cleavage, or the definition on her neck shouldn't be hard lined, but softly shaded to show the definition.
The hair is very flat and looks like plastic, especially with the hard shading and highlighting.
Her crotch is inverted. It should be protruding outward, not inward.
Someone with hips as small as hers wouldn't have crotch gap with thighs that size.

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200

⌠☆ミ⌡

I think the lines on her torso look a little strange... They should line up with her ribcage. It should be smaller shape. Here is a tutorial to help you see what I mean. (Warning this tutorial has some nudity. NSFW.) [link] Good luck drawing <3 Next time you might want to post the sketch before you ink and color. it's easier to fix anatomy when you're sketching.

⌠☆ミ⌡

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces