Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Partier

Something for a bit of a personal project of mine that's (surprisingly) more than an excuse to paint surrealistic landscapes and ridiculous fantasy/sci-fi costumes. Maybe.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
Like the colors, the background, and the strength and sensuality of the figure.

Dapper Conversationalist

The flow of the cloth connected to the girl's lifted hand looks really strange. Starting from the back, the draping looks very good but as it tapers down towards her hand it begins to look more and more stiff.
Also, I don't really understand the connection between the character and the background. What is that white thing behind her? Cloth? A wall? Where are those lights coming from? Is that extremely low light supposed to be right behind her or is it farther away? If so, shouldn't the pole be thinner so it creates the effect of distance?

O.G. Partier

Musical Addiction
The flow of the cloth connected to the girl's lifted hand looks really strange. Starting from the back, the draping looks very good but as it tapers down towards her hand it begins to look more and more stiff.
Also, I don't really understand the connection between the character and the background. What is that white thing behind her? Cloth? A wall? Where are those lights coming from? Is that extremely low light supposed to be right behind her or is it farther away? If so, shouldn't the pole be thinner so it creates the effect of distance?

Thanks! (and sorry for typos in this response im on my phone)

The white thing is a mound of diamonds or silica or something like that. The "snowy" mountains in the distance are covered in tge same stuff. Its a pretty stupid world design, but itshonestly why its just a personal project rathet than something im trying to build a whole webcomic about or anything. The lights are actually in front of her a bit, anf theyre hanging from the sky. I didnt much figure theyd be too affected by perspective as a result, but im not that knowledgeable about foreshortening and such.

I tried playing with putting the lights more firmly in the fg by overlapping them with her and each other but it kept making ugly tangents or messing up what few things i felt i had done ok with on the composition. Overall yeah the scene makes little sense. It should be surrealistic and nonsense, but with my lack of skills it just ends up confusing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff