Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

>D it looks better on paper, but I'm very proud of it!!!!!!
so uh..what do ya think?
It looks nice, but you still need to work on anatomy.
The left arm looks a bit strange to me and her neck is a bit too short.
And you need also to work on coloring, try to add some shadings and highlights next time. ^^
Otherwise it's a nice drawing, I like her clothing best. ^_-
STOP BUMPING your topic. If you didnt know, there isnt any bumping in this forum.

I doubt it took you literally ALL DAY.
Try practising anatomy some more.
the arm is funny cause it was suppost to be in a pose where she's bending down but it just fit with the rest when it went more straight.highlights was not something I'm able to do yet..I just kinda add them in when I use my markers, but because its colored on the comp it doesn't have them. it was a pain to color on the bmp.
it's very 2dimensional. There's no motion, looks extremely stiff.
Mivzi
STOP BUMPING your topic. If you didnt know, there isnt any bumping in this forum.

I was not aware that bumping was not allowed so in your own kind of harsh tone thanks anyway. and yes, it was quiet litterally all day. between every class, after every assignment, and all during my study hall.
neopunkAZURE
it's very 2dimensional. There's no motion, looks extremely stiff.

that was the idea..
it was meant to be still and uncomfortable. the character does weird things..
Not too bad. Work on shading and anatomy.
Hatchet Twit
Mivzi

I was not aware that bumping was not allowed so in your own kind of harsh tone thanks anyway. and yes, it was quiet litterally all day. between every class, after every assignment, and all during my study hall.

There is no "harsh tone" unless you *read* it like that stare

It seems to me that you draw as often as I do ^_^
Its not bad

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25
In stead of telling you "to work on anatomy and shading" I'll help you a bit. ^_^

Form:

Try starting with the head, an oval that is pointed toward the chin.

Then a line for the motion (curvy for spayed hip, straight for standing straight-duh-, and triangle for bending or sitting.)

Then another line for the breastbone (not the shoulder. breastbone is more stable) about a head length under the chin.

This is the way I've been doing it for years. It may seem a little funky at first but the more you study and practice the better you get of coarse.

Shading:

Shading on the comp can be fairly simple if your not trying to be Michaelangelo or something.

1. Color. Start with a medium color: red/orange red/ brown red.
Fill in the areas you want this color in. Hair

2. Shadow. Shadow before you highlight because shadows are always under something. ^_^
Chose a darker color then your medium color: blood red/ dark brown/ black.
Chose where the shadows should go and fill in, under the curls, in the divide, around the ears, anywhere opposite of the light source.

3. Highlight. Highlight last and sparingly. Highlights are only there for the sake of some dim lights.
Chose a lighter color then your base color. This can be a lot of colors depending on what kind of light you’re in.
Depending on the intensity of light the color can be a shad or two lighter (wide) or stark white. (Narrow)
Fill in small jagged fragments/lines of lightness until you're satisfied.

Like form, practice is your friend. If you don't like the results start over or erase, and don't forget you can undo the last 3 steps in paint.

User Image

I hope you don't mind me using your pic as an example. (Or being a know-it-all, as I tend to be.)

Just keep in mind this is not the only one way to do it. I like to refer to it as the 3 tone way (or 5, or 7, or 12 depending on detail) other people do it much differently (and better usually) but this is the way I know how to do it.

Edit: Sorry I did this in PhotoShop not Paint. It's still the same concept, just not the same results.
Seeing as hardly anyone has given any positive comments..I shall, because i'm weird like that.
It's very nice, fresh and "kooky". I love her outfit ^_^
Well done froindlington heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas