Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Muse

I really want to get better with my art, so I ask that even if you have no experience with critiquing art, what looks weird to you I would love to hear. My art is not where I would like it to be yet. Be hard on me please. :3 I do not ask that you critique all, just the ones you want to. Thank you for taking time to read this. ^_^

Files may be a bit large... sorry

Art One: Headshot
User Image

Art Two & Three: Half body
User Image
User Image

Art Four & Five: Full body
User Image
User Image

Smitten Kitten

16,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
I really like the second full body. I feel like you looked at a reference there.

I think you would improve a lot if you did some nude model drawings and really pay attention to anatomy. Maybe use references of poses for your work, too, because I feel the anatomy is off the most.

For drawing hands, look at your own hands and try to draw them. It's really important with art, anime or realistic, any art really, to forget what you think you know about anatomy and just really look at anatomy.

Also. Practice boobies. Sycra on Youtube has amazing tutorials on those. biggrin

Versatile Muse

[ RenRen ]
I really like the second full body. I feel like you looked at a reference there.

I think you would improve a lot if you did some nude model drawings and really pay attention to anatomy. Maybe use references of poses for your work, too, because I feel the anatomy is off the most.

For drawing hands, look at your own hands and try to draw them. It's really important with art, anime or realistic, any art really, to forget what you think you know about anatomy and just really look at anatomy.

Also. Practice boobies. Sycra on Youtube has amazing tutorials on those. biggrin

Thank you for the critique! To be honest about the second full, I was just having a good day. ^_^

you make some really good suggestions. I was not really aware of how the anatomy was. sweatdrop
I could tell something was wrong but didn't know what. (My goal is going to be photo realistic, I have a long way to go.) Hands and I have never been friends, I will try using my hand as reference instead of just trying to wing it.
(I will check out the breasts tutorials.) :3 Again thank you so much for critique.

Divine Zealot

The second full body looks like you didn't draw the figure underneath the clothes, and instead drew the clothes with the figure. Evidenced by the left arm bending at an angle that looks either mildly uncomfortable or broken.

Versatile Muse

Dame Ephelia
The second full body looks like you didn't draw the figure underneath the clothes, and instead drew the clothes with the figure. Evidenced by the left arm bending at an angle that looks either mildly uncomfortable or broken.

I never noticed that. I wasn't sure how to place that arm when I first drew it so i just put it there. thank you for pointing that out. Ill be more aware next time.

Divine Zealot

Hottie yoko
Dame Ephelia

I never noticed that. I wasn't sure how to place that arm when I first drew it so i just put it there. thank you for pointing that out. Ill be more aware next time.

No problem. It's very important to always draw/sketch the form of the person before adding any details like clothes. Otherwise, you get weird proportions and misplaced limbs, since you don't know where one part of the body ends and then you get people who are like "...Eh, I guess the leg goes here?" (sticks leg on asscheeks)
On the second pic: Although the sketch on the bottom left looks really good, it looks like you just traced around it and added clothes; not really drawing the whole body out. And what were you trying to achieve with her arms? Because to me, it looks out of place.
The girl looks really wavy, kind of like the inflatable man thing you see near car sales. I did a little reline for you to show how to would position her arms and how her body should look anatomically.

User Image

If you would like, I can redline the third one for you so you can see what I think needs fixing. 3nodding

Versatile Muse

xiatara
On the second pic: Although the sketch on the bottom left looks really good, it looks like you just traced around it and added clothes; not really drawing the whole body out. And what were you trying to achieve with her arms? Because to me, it looks out of place.
The girl looks really wavy, kind of like the inflatable man thing you see near car sales. I did a little reline for you to show how to would position her arms and how her body should look anatomically.

User Image

If you would like, I can redline the third one for you so you can see what I think needs fixing. 3nodding

Im not sure what I was trying for with the arms. Once i get the sketch done I typically do just trace and add clothes. sweatdrop Imma take it hat is not what I should do when drawing? I would love for you to help out with any other. :3 I really appreciate that you sketched it out. (read inflatable man and all i could think was family guy)
I thought of family guy too. XD I wanted to say the whole inflatable man line, but I held it in. rofl

Anyways, here you go. I redline'd most of the ones with bodies in them. For the last one, the arms looked fine so I didn't mess with it. And for the second pic below, I didn't know if that was a guy or a girl, so I made it a guy.

User Image
User Image
User Image

Versatile Muse

xiatara
I thought of family guy too. XD I wanted to say the whole inflatable man line, but I held it in. rofl

Anyways, here you go. I redline'd most of the ones with bodies in them. For the last one, the arms looked fine so I didn't mess with it. And for the second pic below, I didn't know if that was a guy or a girl, so I made it a guy.

User Image
User Image
User Image

It was a guy. :3 thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items