Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which design do you like the best? Which one would you actually spend money on?

Aladdin 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
Mulan 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 4 ]
Red Riding Hood 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 6 ]
The Little Mermaid 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
Snow White 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
< 1 2

Nakuya-chan
psst try not to bump unless your post falls off the first page. This board is super slow, you'd probably benefit from posting this on a couple of the art boards here. might get more attention then smile

Goodto know. Thanks!

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
Sweet! Love how these are designed from scratch and the attention to detail. smile

I'm product designer in a competitive industry by day so I'll give feedback from that perspective. Forgive me if it's not the straightforward answer you're looking for and I sound a bit preachy, ha.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint I like the Mulan design, but she's a badass and I'm asian so there could be some bias going on here. wink

If you ask me which one I'll buy - it's hard for me to pick without seeing the design in context - like overlaid on a real scarf and preferably worn on a human as well. Opinions are formed on impulse based on the information at hand. People are more thoughtful when it comes time to part with their wallets and will base a buying decision on a look that is most suitable for them. I can tell you right now that I like the Mulan design, but if I see the Snow White scarf paired with black leather jacket worn by an attractive asian lady, I might think "Hey, I can totally pull off that look, this scarf is so totally me!" and suddenly the Mulan one doesn't seem like a reasonable choice.

As a person buying online all you have to relate to are photos, stories, and an imagination. So it's helpful to provide as much information as possible, even it you have to fake it via photoshop, to inspire people to see themselves in your products. I think it's important to figure out your target demographic, where they shop and what they wear. If you are investing time/money printing every design in batch and hoping it will sell, make sure your target demographic will have buying power (!!!), and ask those guys for their opinion.

Personally I would ask people who shop on Etsy/Threadless/Society6 on what styles they like to wear, as those are the people who care to spend money on artistic, handmade fashion. And then build your brand around a particular look - so maybe it's not Snow White scarf in leather jacket but Snow White with a cute eco fleece sweater!

I hope that makes some sense.

Blessed Noob

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Generous 100
Color combinations of Mulan and Little Mermaid are lovely. Might want to invest on them.
catzzzrule
Sweet! Love how these are designed from scratch and the attention to detail. smile

I'm product designer in a competitive industry by day so I'll give feedback from that perspective. Forgive me if it's not the straightforward answer you're looking for and I sound a bit preachy, ha.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint I like the Mulan design, but she's a badass and I'm asian so there could be some bias going on here. wink

If you ask me which one I'll buy - it's hard for me to pick without seeing the design in context - like overlaid on a real scarf and preferably worn on a human as well. Opinions are formed on impulse based on the information at hand. People are more thoughtful when it comes time to part with their wallets and will base a buying decision on a look that is most suitable for them. I can tell you right now that I like the Mulan design, but if I see the Snow White scarf paired with black leather jacket worn by an attractive asian lady, I might think "Hey, I can totally pull off that look, this scarf is so totally me!" and suddenly the Mulan one doesn't seem like a reasonable choice.

As a person buying online all you have to relate to are photos, stories, and an imagination. So it's helpful to provide as much information as possible, even it you have to fake it via photoshop, to inspire people to see themselves in your products. I think it's important to figure out your target demographic, where they shop and what they wear. If you are investing time/money printing every design in batch and hoping it will sell, make sure your target demographic will have buying power (!!!), and ask those guys for their opinion.

Personally I would ask people who shop on Etsy/Threadless/Society6 on what styles they like to wear, as those are the people who care to spend money on artistic, handmade fashion. And then build your brand around a particular look - so maybe it's not Snow White scarf in leather jacket but Snow White with a cute eco fleece sweater!

I hope that makes some sense.

Thanks for the awesome perspective! I didn't think about that before. I'll be sure to work on providing more info and product mock-ups. You are a fountain of knowledge, my friend. A fountain.
Wildberry Tart
Color combinations of Mulan and Little Mermaid are lovely. Might want to invest on them.

Thank you for your kind words. I'll be sure to take them into consideration. And for your time, I shall kowtow in front of my window fifteen times. And when my muscles are sore, I shall think of you and power through.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Your designs are very nice but I don't wear scarves.
silverstez

Good to know, good to know. Hopefully I'll one day broaden my horizons to encompass an article of clothing that you do wear. Until then, thank you for the generous offering of your time.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Rae-Phot
silverstez

Good to know, good to know. Hopefully I'll one day broaden my horizons to encompass an article of clothing that you do wear. Until then, thank you for the generous offering of your time.

No worries smile Your stuff is nice. I do like the pattern but I think bold patterns like that look awful on me. I would like it as a table cloth or something though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff