Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Strawberry

XMegantronX
Itchy the Hatter

[ estuary ]

NarpyTheCrimeDog

BTW guys....BOOM! improvement in less than a year! same person, different items. my art has really started to change lately ^^ i thank you guys for pushing me to this point and i'll continue to work hard!

aaaaaa good job!! i'm really proud of you! this is why i always hover around the art forums. i love seeing people improve! who knows where you'll be at in another year? i hope you keep posting! User Image

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
[ estuary ]
XMegantronX
Itchy the Hatter

[ estuary ]

NarpyTheCrimeDog

BTW guys....BOOM! improvement in less than a year! same person, different items. my art has really started to change lately ^^ i thank you guys for pushing me to this point and i'll continue to work hard!

aaaaaa good job!! i'm really proud of you! this is why i always hover around the art forums. i love seeing people improve! who knows where you'll be at in another year? i hope you keep posting! User Image

XD hopefully i'll be close to being a professional artist by then. my goal right now is to be ready to go pro in a year and a half. always wanted to do art for a living.

Terushima's Waifu

Ruthless Businessman

XMegantronX
Itchy the Hatter
XMegantronX
Yes smile

Post reference.

User Image

I'M CRYING
THAT REFERENCE IS HILARIOUS
XMegantronX
I usually draw girls because it's easier for me, but I wanted to do something a little different today.

as always, critique away on things I can improve upon.

User Image

He's kinda hawt! sweatdrop

Dapper Dabbler

I found you this scary but slightly more accurate anatomical reference

Also another thing: the sternocleidomastoid muscles in his neck would be much thicker and are flexed when the head rotates from left to right. Here's a couple of refrences for the muscles: reference1 reference 2

In the future I'd recommend looking at multiple references, because a photograph distorts and flattens the human body, a three-dimensional form that you are emulating. See if you could find a friend who would be willing to model for you and take a bunch of different photos at slightly different angles. Look at a bunch of different photos of the muscles you are struggling with, etc. Also it would benefit this piece if you added more dark values to his skin. Right now his gloves, armor and sword take away from his face because they draw the eye with the most contrast. When you are doing something in black and white, consider this: everything in the light is lighter than everything in shadow, regardless of local value. Here's a 2 minute explanation that will probably make your mind explode (it made my mind explode the first time I watched it, and its SUPER helpful!

Hope that helped! 3nodding

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Silver Corin
I found you this scary but slightly more accurate anatomical reference

Also another thing: the sternocleidomastoid muscles in his neck would be much thicker and are flexed when the head rotates from left to right. Here's a couple of refrences for the muscles: reference1 reference 2

In the future I'd recommend looking at multiple references, because a photograph distorts and flattens the human body, a three-dimensional form that you are emulating. See if you could find a friend who would be willing to model for you and take a bunch of different photos at slightly different angles. Look at a bunch of different photos of the muscles you are struggling with, etc. Also it would benefit this piece if you added more dark values to his skin. Right now his gloves, armor and sword take away from his face because they draw the eye with the most contrast. When you are doing something in black and white, consider this: everything in the light is lighter than everything in shadow, regardless of local value. Here's a 2 minute explanation that will probably make your mind explode (it made my mind explode the first time I watched it, and its SUPER helpful!

Hope that helped! 3nodding

thanks! this helps ^^ i'll remember these things next time :3

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
GiantessEnvironmentalist
XMegantronX
I usually draw girls because it's easier for me, but I wanted to do something a little different today.

User Image

XDD thaaaanks
XMegantronX
GiantessEnvironmentalist
XMegantronX

User Image

XDD thaaaanks

Welcomes! ^-^

Locations's Wife

Back Ally Love...

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash