Welcome to Gaia! ::

here's the original (I didn't draw it, it's from a tutorial):
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

here it is now that i colored it. Nothing fancy, i'm just wondering how my coloring is: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

it's colored on Pixia.
what do i need to work on, etc.
all comments and suggestions are appreciated.
X_X Good. Very good.

The shading looks just right on the hair... maybe add some highlights (or shine, whatever it's called) to it? You could add pupils to the eyes or leave them the way they are, too, depending on what you like more. 3nodding
Sybex Shark
X_X Good. Very good.

The shading looks just right on the hair... maybe add some highlights (or shine, whatever it's called) to it? You could add pupils to the eyes or leave them the way they are, too, depending on what you like more. 3nodding
thank you! the hair took the longest. i couldn't quite decide how i wanted the eyes...
I like to culoir. I think ou did a great job smile
Dr. Killjoy
I like to culoir. I think ou did a great job smile
thankies!
I think you did great with the coloring. biggrin much better than I could ever do.
DarlingCrescent
I think you did great with the coloring. biggrin much better than I could ever do.
thank you! With a little practice, you should be able to get here! just keep going, you know? i'm really not all that great... redface smile
good job
the color looks great
i like it how one side of the face is loghter than the other
good job
Wavemaster_Siarra
good job
the color looks great
i like it how one side of the face is loghter than the other
good job
thankies!
heehee, you people are so nice!
thanks 4 the comments!
*clap clap!* ;_; omg!!! u r actually good compared to the other people who think they can draw! *gives a cookie*
Jac Chan
*clap clap!* ;_; omg!!! u r actually good compared to the other people who think they can draw! *gives a cookie*
ooh! a cookie! *nibbles at cookie* thank you!
Um... Personally, I think the coloring... is well... kinda flat. There's no depth on the face, hair, or clothing. However, this can be easily remedied by adding shadows and highlights on the objects. Also, depending on the light source, maybe you should add a reflection of light in her eyes?
I'm not saying that your coloring is bad. What I suggest is looking around at coloring tutorials online. You'll notice that most suggest having a layer reserved for just base colors, which is essentially what you have here and then adding your shadows and highlights on a another layer. However, I have no knowledge of the "Pixa" program, so I don't know if you can use layers in it.
Hope this all helps.
your coloring is very nice!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas