Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Giver

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Junior Trader 100
My first time drawing in a while? Do you Think I should do avi art?
XP I know that it is rather light X:
User Image
Hopefully I didn't butcher my avi to much

Shadowy Raider

I S m a c e s I
User Image

Not to be mean or anything but you probably should practice a bit more.
It's not that its bad or anything its just that you need to be on top game to get some decent money on here.

Trust me, I'm not half bad but I still haven't gotten any commissions or requests.

Wealthy Giver

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Junior Trader 100
RedAssassinZero
I S m a c e s I
User Image

It's not that its bad or anything its just that you need to be on top game to get some decent money on here.

Trust me, I'm not half bad but I still haven't gotten any commissions or requests.

Thank you for your honesty

Shadowy Raider

I S m a c e s I
RedAssassinZero
I S m a c e s I
User Image

Thank you for your honesty

No problem!
I just didn't want you to get your hopes up like i did.
With a little practice and some coloring you should be pretty good off

8,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
as RedAssassinZero said, it could use some work.
the lines are rather rough, so try cleaning them up and making sure your lines are smooth and clear.
the arms and legs are disturbingly skinny, even for manga/anime style (okay, actually, i can't really say that. i do that on "chibi"ish style stuff as well, but it really depends on the style). also, the arms are bent kinda oddly. they look more like rubber/noodles than actual limbs.
this isn't quite as important, but how strong/dark the lines around her chest are is kinda strange. it ends up drawing the eyes there because of the contrast against the lighter values of everything else. also, the chest doesn't bulge out to the sides quite so much. or so i think. if you look in a mirror, your chest should be sticking out towards the front, not quite so much towards the sides. of course, it would stick out more if you're looking from an angle.
umm besides that,..shading is always nice smile takes some practice, but yeah. at the very least, proportions+clean up your lineart. that's always good.
if you want to be doing paid artwork, i honestly don't know how good your stuff should be. i'm not dedicated enough to bother with that, so i just stick with free stuff in spare time. if you wanna see what i've done: http://s1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/soojinrl/Gaia Art/
not so proud of some of them, and style varies through the pieces.. most capped at 2hours of work/piece. only have 5 up since i only started doing this a day or two ago ._.
tl;dr- clean up lines, work on proportions of limbs+chest, possibly try shading.
The boobs are nice and perky looking...

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
RedAssassinZero

It's not mean to tell someone the truth. Also, please stop quoting large images.

But OP, I do agree with RedAssassinZero, although I'm going to say that it is bad, and you do need practice.

Get down and dirty with human anatomy before you try chibis. It is much easier to bend the rules when you know them, and you don't. Just try. It's hard, but after a while you'll get the hang of it.

Your lines.. Well. First off all, they're kind of all over the place in terms of both opacity and thickness. Why are the lines thicker on her torso, and light on her head? They need to be uniform in strength. Your lines are also very choppy, there's no flow in them at all. Try different thicknesses (Like the connection between two lines is thicker and more opaque than the lines themselves.), but keep them continuous throughout the drawing.

The clothing is.. Well. You need to remember that there are folds in clothing, and it has texture. That is all I will say for now, and also: stop butchering the stockings so terribly. If you are going to draw a pair of fishnets, do them properly. Remember that the leg has curves, you won't get away with using a ruler. Do it freehand, and keep the curves of the legs in mind.

Next time, put more time into your art. This looks like a sketch, and sketches go in their respective forum. It is also hard to give critique on a drawing that you can't see much of.

Wealthy Giver

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Zagachan
RedAssassinZero

It's not mean to tell someone the truth. Also, please stop quoting large images.

But OP, I do agree with RedAssassinZero, although I'm going to say that it is bad, and you do need practice.

Get down and dirty with human anatomy before you try chibis. It is much easier to bend the rules when you know them, and you don't. Just try. It's hard, but after a while you'll get the hang of it.

Your lines.. Well. First off all, they're kind of all over the place in terms of both opacity and thickness. Why are the lines thicker on her torso, and light on her head? They need to be uniform in strength. Your lines are also very choppy, there's no flow in them at all. Try different thicknesses (Like the connection between two lines is thicker and more opaque than the lines themselves.), but keep them continuous throughout the drawing.

The clothing is.. Well. You need to remember that there are folds in clothing, and it has texture. That is all I will say for now, and also: stop butchering the stockings so terribly. If you are going to draw a pair of fishnets, do them properly. Remember that the leg has curves, you won't get away with using a ruler. Do it freehand, and keep the curves of the legs in mind.

Next time, put more time into your art. This looks like a sketch, and sketches go in their respective forum. It is also hard to give critique on a drawing that you can't see much of.

v.v thank you for your constructive evaluation

Shadowy Raider

Zagachan
RedAssassinZero

0.0' sorry about that

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
RedAssassinZero
Zagachan
RedAssassinZero

0.0' sorry about that

Thass awrait. smile

Wealthy Giver

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Zagachan
RedAssassinZero

I hate drawing reqular people though XD. But If it will make me a better artist so be it

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I S m a c e s I
I hate drawing reqular people though XD. But If it will make me a better artist so be it

Learn to like it. Anime/manga style doesn't have its own set of rules when it comes to anatomy. It's all based on realistic anatomy. So, learn to draw realistically, you know the rules well enough to bend them and make anime-style look good. So drawing normal people is challenging, but rewarding. smile

Wealthy Giver

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Learn to like it. Anime/manga style doesn't have its own set of rules when it comes to anatomy. It's all based on realistic anatomy. So, learn to draw realistically, you know the rules well enough to bend them and make anime-style look good. So drawing normal people is challenging, but rewarding. smile

Okay. . . . XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces