Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
this is what I draw like nowadays. Spent like half an hour on MS Paint, but my characters generally look like that (in terms of body structure etc)

may i please have some opinions? is it too generic, too grotesque, etc. i ask my friends all the time but of course, they say that it looks fine. since they have to. but you don't have to so be as mean as you want. n__n

Salty Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Cart Raider 100
I actually really like the style this picture has, but all I would suggest is learning more about human anatomy 3nodding

5,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Kuni-Rutaria
I actually really like the style this picture has, but all I would suggest is learning more about human anatomy 3nodding

Haha, I think I can draw humans well enough as a hobbyist. But I agree, more practice can't hurt!
Thank you ^__^

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
its ccuuutteee!! ^^ can you draw anime as well?

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25
It's very cute. It reminds me mostly of children's book illustration and it is very cartoony. There are a few anatomical corrections I would make, the elbow and knees are a little low, and it's hard to tell where her hips are, but otherwise she is not disproportionate, The sense of these things come with practice. That said, this is cute at this angle, but it seems like a stiff, well-practices pose. The next step is to be able to keep proportions and style consistent as the character moves.

Demonic Phantom

The only thing i can say that other people haven't already said i say that the head is kinda off. the back of her head should slightly hang over the shoulders.

But otherwise its very cute

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Anatomy, also the hair isn't yellow, but green. (I'm assuming you're going for blond/yellow hair) Instead of choosing a more green tone as shade, use a more orange tone. The shape of the skull is fine, but the eye doesn't fit. The folds in the clothing are weird as well.

Other than that it's allright, but I'm not terribly excited for it. It's not very original, and since it's not original it needs to look great to have an impact. Try slimming down your linework and choose better colours.
If you're going to work with pixels, you need to learn to actually work with pixels.

Fashionable Explorer

9,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
Kuni-Rutaria

Yes I agree, if you look at it long enough it looks a bit lopsided, no offense and very flat. Learning shapes that give a body some dimension is the first step into making your characters look like tehy flow with teh page or even give them life whiel they're still

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff