Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Gold?

Yes please 1 100.0% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here's a link in case you can't see it

http://i60.tinypic.com/2qb9e20.png

It's still in it's rough stages so the lines are really shaky. They'll go away when I color.
I'm drawing a picture as a thank you to my followers on tumblr.
I haven't posted here in a long while but I thought eh why not?
So any help is... well... helpful.
Thanks in advance!
Looks great!!
A few areas where the two characters don't feel quite like they are touching in their overlap:
1) Guy's hand on her leg...maybe have fingers open, rested on her leg
2) Maybe thicken the linework a bit on where she's on his lap... give a little more weight to the idea of her sitting on him
3) I think the girl's hand would look better against his chest, where we'd see the back of her hand.

Things that kinda bother me anatomically and gesturally/expression-wise:
1) Girl's head shape feels off... I'm honestly not really sure why right now. I think maybe the forehead is protruding just a tiny-tiny bit much, maybe. And/or her eyes might be outward just a tiny-tiny bit much as well. Whatever it is, it's slight, but enough to bug me.
2) Also, expression-wise, her face is rather dead. If she's leaning in for a kiss, I'd close her eyes too or half shut them. Maybe pucker or lips, or partly open 'em for a French kiss.
3) Girl's leg is a tad short, but most of all, her foot is really teeny-tiny, she looks really short. We should be seeing more of her feet. This one really bothers me a lot particularly, so I'd adjust this one immediately.
4) Girl's thumb on the bed, looks a bit short.

Otherwise not much else. Love the hand behind her hair, the feeling of weight in the sunken bed. Great job!
Shadowolf

http://i60.tinypic.com/j8guf4.png

Update because I'm impatient and started to color

She's not done yet but I'm gettin there.

So I'm not worried about the linework so much because
color

And the idea originally is that she's supposed to be surprised
He pulled her in suddenly for a kiss which is why he's kinda like aah
But I really need to work on facial expressions.She looks more sad now than anything and I think it's her eye. uwa.
But did this so far fix any of the issues you saw before?
Thanks for all the help! biggrin I'll see what I can fix up.
please keep in mind her one leg will be obscured by his pants a little which is why it looks moderately broken aha
Oh OK! Yeah, right now she doesn't look too surprised. When it comes to facial expressions, one artist I almost always refer to is Glen Keane! Some of his Tangled work is something I always immediately go to. He makes it look easy, very simple and easy to read rightaway!

Rendered painting is looking pretty good so far. But yeah, we should see some of her feet still, popping out right below her other leg's kneecap probably; it's not really apparent in the line art it's being obscured by his leg.
Minor thing, but maybe I'd suggest taking out the nail polish from the thumb only. It looked short before because there was no real compression in the bed where her thumb was, but you put a line in the painting now to really clarify that. Taking the polish out just makes the compression into the bed a lil' deeper, I think that'd look a lil' better personally.

Keep it going!
Shadowolf

Aah Thank you thank you.
I'd already fixed it up some so I'll just post an update before I look into your new tips.
Ignore him. I've like JUST started so he's like not even the right color yet hoho.

I wasn't done coloring her in in the previoius post. I still had her other foot and hair to do and whatnot

http://i60.tinypic.com/rw5bpv.png

But yeah I fixed her eye/eyebrow so she looks a bit less sad. heh.

And yeah I'd been having trouble with her thumb. X_X
I still need to fix her heal on the closer foot. X3X
This is very good! In particular you did a nice job on giving the figures weight, and really showing how they rest on the bed. The only obvious thing I can see is the figure on the right, her face from profile looks a bit odd. Everything's kind of on the same plane, whereas I feel like her mouth and nose should be protruding just a bit more.
http://i61.tinypic.com/2pobknq.png
Updaaaaaate

So I'm still pretty bad at coloring jeans but I tried something new this time. How does it look?
I tried to mess with her expression some more so maybe that looks a little better?

Any help is appreciated. <3
Also now I'm a frog lady. Ribbit

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200

⌠☆ミ⌡

Lovely painting <3

If I could give any advice it would be to be careful of proportion. The female character looks almost as big as the male character. Usually, women are a bit smaller...

Happy coloring. ^_^

⌠☆ミ⌡
YuukiPinkuu
]

Well he's not a big guy. Kinda short and slender, so he wouldn't be much bigger than her really.
Is it too distracting them being around the same size?
Figured I'd post up my finished work. Love it or hate it I'm more or less happy with how it turned out. biggrin

http://i58.tinypic.com/nzk488.png

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces