Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Gekko

3,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ref:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and do you think her abdomen is too long?
It's a good guideline to have the hollow of the armpit follow into the curve of the breast, it makes a good landmark for the rest of the drawing. I don't think her abdomen looks too long, but I think her hips look too narrow. As to her shoulder muscles, what you've got looks decent enough to me, she's not built or anything so there shouldn't be very much definition or bulk anyway.

Distinct Gekko

3,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
Matsunaga Kaede
It's a good guideline to have the hollow of the armpit follow into the curve of the breast, it makes a good landmark for the rest of the drawing. I don't think her abdomen looks too long, but I think her hips look too narrow. As to her shoulder muscles, what you've got looks decent enough to me, she's not built or anything so there shouldn't be very much definition or bulk anyway.
I see what you mean- she looks like a transvestite. XD Thanks. and yeah I guess so. I'm going to move her lower arm down some more though, and add more definition to the elbow- I think that will take care of what is "off" with me.
Yeah, the important thing with the female figure is the tapering in the waist and the width of the hips. The other thing I notice! The shoulders and the hips always, ALWAYS, compensate to balance each other-- if the hips tilt upward to the right, the shoulders will tilt downward to the right at the same angle to balance. It's harder to tell because of the pose you've got there, but it'll look less awkward if you use that as a guideline.

And thank you, THANK YOU, for asking for help with a sketch that you're obviously putting real effort into, instead of posting a half-assed "finished" piece and asking for critique in expectation of praise. You're wonderful and I love you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games