Welcome to Gaia! ::

What should this little guy's name be?

Oh! Oh! I've got the perfect name! (please comment) 0.25 25.0% [ 8 ]
Ummm, you could try... (please comment) 0.65625 65.6% [ 21 ]
This guy is a total ripoff of ________! You might as well just call him... (please comment) 0.09375 9.4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]
1 2 3 4 >

5,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Please help me come up with a name for my character! Not the big one-eyed monster, the little cat-eared guy. There are more views of him lower down on the page!

User Image
(deviantART listing for this piece is here )

Long time, no see, Pic Post! I thought I'd bounce an idea off your collective creativity. I've got this character, see, but can't really think of a good name for him/it. Some of you may remember Spooky, who works as a 1st level dungeon monster. Spooky also has a super hero alter ego (read all about how he got that starting here
.)

Please help me come up with a name for this little round-eyed, yellow-scarf, cat-eared hero guy!

User Image

Lonely Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
very well done dude congrats

5,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Metamorfosis Mental

Thank you!... any idea for a name?

Lonely Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Cyberpumpkin
Metamorfosis Mental

Thank you!... any idea for a name?
Yes... metamorfosis mental wink lol

Familiar Defender

6,950 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Market Browser 100
I looked at your DA and your character seems like some kind of Kamen Rider character, except chibi. His powers come from the belt device, plus his helmet has some insect characteristics. Does he get different abilities from different tapes? Maybe you could call him Captain Cooltapes (like that one Homestar Runner episode ) Or maybe "Mixtape". That sounds more like a Transformer name, though. Heh, if it was an actual Kamen Rider guy, he'd probably be called Kamen Rider MX! razz

Does he have a motorcycle? I guess not if he spends most of his time in dungeons and stuff, so he couldn't really be any kind of "rider".

Weeaboo Informer

Oh wow, amazing art as always Cyberpumpkin! ^^

5,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Darien S.

eek Wow, thqnk you afvey much, yrou modness! I really appreciate the an honor. Thank you very mcuh!@

EDIT: gonk I think I posted too soon after eating my candy. What I meant to say was this:

Wow, I am honored, Your Modness. Thank you very much!
May I ask what's the medium used for the first piece ? It's quite amazing.

5,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
Ernsta
May I ask what's the medium used for the first piece ? It's quite amazing.

Only if you promise to make some kind of name suggestion! blaugh

Seriously, I appreciate the compliment. I had meant to sit down and do some more action sketches of Spooky in his hero costume, but it (the first pic up there) ended up taking up all of the time my hands were free during an 11.5-hour shift. It's my latest where I cheat by just filling in any light areas with dark ink and then inverting it digitally, rather than spending the resources to turn a square mile of white paper black. I posted a raw scan of it below.

Ironically, the actual size of the original is only about 5.5 inches high (the height of a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper folded in half).

User Image

Weeaboo Informer

Cyberpumpkin
Darien S.

eek Wow, thqnk you afvey much, yrou modness! I really appreciate the an honor. Thank you very mcuh!@

EDIT: gonk I think I posted too soon after eating my candy. What I meant to say was this:

Wow, I am honored, Your Modness. Thank you very much!

xd

Welcome! Just wish I was creative enough to help with a title. ^^

5,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
That's fine. I'm mostly just looking for something to call the character anyways. I don't usually bother titling drawings unless it's something really obvious.

For the one in the OP, I'd probably just go with something like Spooky's Adventure - Big Trouble
I agree with that one guy!

Mixtape sounds really cute/awesome.
I immediately thought his eyes looked like the things in the middle of a cassette tape that you use to wind it up anyways! xd

Also, this is just amazing.
I can't wait to see more of this. The character design is simply adorable.
And I love the gravity of the first piece.
It looks almost like you did a scratching, where you do a negative-like scrape on a metallic sheet covered in black.

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The Cycat XD

5,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
tricky_princess
I agree with that one guy!

Mixtape sounds really cute/awesome.
I immediately thought his eyes looked like the things in the middle of a cassette tape that you use to wind it up anyways! xd

I'm glad you like this little guy! If you really want, you can see his first adventure on on my DA, starting right here.

The character himself is called Spooky... it's just that, well, he needs a superhero name for when he's wearing the suit and stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff