Welcome to Gaia! ::

We've created a new logo for our company, Fitness To Cosplay. Can you please let us know what you think? Thank you!

User Image
Isn't it cute?! What do guys think? PLEASE help!

High-functioning Flashback

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
The only thing I can really think of is that the eyes need more depth. Generally if there isn't a whole lot going on in a drawing the viewer is drawn to the eyes of the subject. I'm assuming that it's meant to be cartoon esque then there may not be much more you can do to it. You have to think about where this image will be placed. If it's on T shirts, how big or small will it need to be printed? For example, if you put in a bunch of detail it will definitely have to be bigger so that nothing is lost/distorted.

Friendly Phantom

The thigh gap is really uncomfortable to look at- that's not how legs connect to the pelvis. It's too unrealistic, even for a chibi, ad because it has the shading at the crotch and it's in the center of the image, it's the main focus for me.

As for the rest of it, the pose is very static and the knees are missing. Anatomy is important, even when you're stylizing the piece. The oversized head is fine because of the style, but I would choose a less straight-on pose if you want to promote finess and movement in your work. The weight doesn't look like it actually weighs anything from the way she's holding it, and while I understand that she's not going to be jump-roping and lifting at the same time, it strikes me as odd that she would have both of them at the same height given their vastly different weights.

Good start, and best of luck with your company!

Newbie Animal

7,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't like it.
Inosab
I don't like it.
What don't you like about it?
flashstick
The thigh gap is really uncomfortable to look at- that's not how legs connect to the pelvis. It's too unrealistic, even for a chibi, ad because it has the shading at the crotch and it's in the center of the image, it's the main focus for me.

As for the rest of it, the pose is very static and the knees are missing. Anatomy is important, even when you're stylizing the piece. The oversized head is fine because of the style, but I would choose a less straight-on pose if you want to promote finess and movement in your work. The weight doesn't look like it actually weighs anything from the way she's holding it, and while I understand that she's not going to be jump-roping and lifting at the same time, it strikes me as odd that she would have both of them at the same height given their vastly different weights.

Thank you for your critique. We know that she needs more work. We aren't the best artists. lol

Newbie Animal

7,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Talt
Inosab
I don't like it.
What don't you like about it?

I never don't like parts of things.

I either like it, or I don't like it.

And I don't stop to think too much about the things I don't like. Unless I have to, of course.

Why don't you give us more options to pick from. then I can make a list, and lists always begin with an item and end with an item.

wink

Newbie Animal

7,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Talt
Thank you for your critique. We know that she needs more work. We aren't the best artists. lol

You'll never be the best artist, so stop apologyzing. No need to to another artist, much less to anybody else who can't be one.

In this world, you'll ALWAYS be imperfect, so stop trying to reach perfection. you'll never, never nebr never never get even close. IMOWHO

Mythical Demigod

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
flashstick

This is spot on! Listen to her.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I will be honest, it doesn't look very good for a company logo. I suggest you get a professional to do it if you take the business seriously.

Your art is good and you do have talent, but it would look better to have a professional do your logo.

Blessed Conversationalist

6,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
flashstick

I totally agree with this,
especially the thigh gap. What I have to add to this is the way the legs are bulging with the spandex is not how legs work with spandex (i wear a lot of spandex for cheerleading) Spandex squishes everything in and pushes the fat/skin/loose muscle up over the top and down, so if you are going to have a bulge the one you have isn't natural. And the shading needs to be drastically changed in that are, the way it is to me it looks like she peed.
Flashstick has the best reply to me. Go you flashstick great advice I was also gonna say what you said smile

Also is this a raster image?

Otherwise. I personally hate that graphic. I'd be embarrassed if that was an image used for my business. It screams unprofessional and childish. Especially with that jump rope though. It's in tangent with the type and I also at first glance I thought the jump rope was a whip :/
A logo is what people see first and it gives immediate impressions. If I would see this, I'd run for my life even though I like anime and cosplay. I agree with getting a professional to do the art.

But I like the font :3

I'd go with a much simpler and more refined image. Maybe a silhouette of the character's head [like tokyo pop!] or body holding a barbell or kettlebell?
If you plan on keeping her image make her a mascot for promotional items like posters, flyers, t-shirts and etc.
Thank you for all your advice and opinions. We've decided to go with a silhouette or outline of her so it would be better for screen printing. I will upload the new artwork for her when we finish it so I can ask for you guys again. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff