Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Phantom

Art enables us to find ourselves

If you haven't seen my earlier thread with a then and now head shot, then i'll quickly explain: When i started out last year I drew the avatar i currently use, I took a large break from art, but have started again, here's the new and old versions.
Please give me comments, tips and hints to help me improve more.

Then
User Image

Now
User Image

and lose ourselves at the same time.

Powerful Werewolf

17,625 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Energy Generator 250
Looks good to me.

Ruthless Phantom

Any tips to help me improve?

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Go girl, go!
You're doing great!

Ruthless Phantom

iBabeeRissa
Go girl, go!
You're doing great!

omg i haven't heard from you in like forever!!!
do you still stream?

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Darella Loren
iBabeeRissa
Go girl, go!
You're doing great!

do you still stream?

I haven't for a while, I need to find a program for drawing again.

Ruthless Phantom

iBabeeRissa
Darella Loren
iBabeeRissa
Go girl, go!
You're doing great!

do you still stream?

I haven't for a while, I need to find a program for drawing again.

There's a free one called Krita that i use.
I want to get SAI again soon though.

Fatcat

woah thats a huge improvement

Trash Whisperer

I don't see anyone giving you a critique so here mine- but first I hope you don't get offended because I can get very blunt when I do these...
Anyhow, I'd like to start off by saying that you have indeed improved a lot and I'm sure you can keep going in this strain of progress but there are still some things that you ought to work on.

Aside from the anatomy (which I'll get on to later) I've noticed that you draw clothing like they're extensions of the skin, which, unless they're wearing some kind of high-tech second skin clothing or something, just doesn't happen in real life. You'd notice that regardless of fabric there would still be folds in the clothing. Here is masterpost of tutorials for you to start working on 'em u//u

Moreover, while your anatomy isn't bad per se you could definitely do with a lot more practice on a few aspects:
1. The body looks very unnatural I've noticed that everything looks very smooth and lacks the kind of natural fat fold that appear especially for that kind of body, making it look like it's been traced u//u

2. You might want to work more on the way that you draw breasts, while they aren't the worst that I've seen, you might want to keep in mind how they would react as a part of a body. Nsio on Deviant Art has two very useful tutorials on this.

3. Finally, I want to point out an issue that I have with the shoulders. That is to say that I think they're sloped down too much. From my knowledge shoulders don't curve as much as you've drawn them u//u

I'm going to stop talking now 'cause I feel like I've said too much redface
I hope it's been useful nonetheless...

Dangerous Lunatic

10,375 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
I suggest you look up references of real people in the poses you use. The body doesn't look really natural in its pose. Also, you should use these references to determine your shadows. For example, the shadow you have on the inner portion of the left arm rises too high, and makes it look like her shoulder has popped out of her socket.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Well you have improved in that your pose is less awkward but your anatomy still needs work. It can help to have a reference image to help you. For example the shoulders look a little too big compared to the small legs in the second image. I know it is foreshortened but I feel you may have overdone it a little.

Keep trying, you are doing some good stuff smile

Get better through practice practice practice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff