Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Kitten

Distinct Elder

Study how light works, stop pillow shading.
I agree with the pillow shadowing comment. Also I can see you are trying to give definition to her cheekbones but the shading looks like there are dents in her cheeks. With more practice shading, you can improve these issues. I think your style has lots of potential.
Well, aside from pillow shading. You also need to work on making your subjects part of the environments. She just looks like she's floating on the chair, it doesn't feel like she's in the environment. Also work on your perspective, the front of the chair is going to appear larger than the back because its closer. Also, her leg closest to us would not be hiding the arm rest, because it's resting on it, not in front of it. You have a lot of potential, learning lighting and perspective does take a lot of work, practice and study, you'll do fine. You're a good artist, you just need to get a grasp of the fundamentals.

Nerd

Just a pointer for sharing your art on-screen: Make a copy of your image no larger than 800px wide and 72 dpi for sharing. This will help your viewers see the whole image easily and keep the larger, high-res image safe for yourself. :¬)

Dapper Kitten

Thank you smile These comments are all really helpful!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff