Welcome to Gaia! ::

Critique?

Yes! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 5 ]
No! 0.4 40.0% [ 6 ]
I'm Kracie 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]

Newbie Noob

Thanks for all the feedback! I've gotten a good amount of critique for this one so the title will be changed. After all I don't wanna take too many slots on this forum because I'm posting about 1 a day already. As always thanks for the comments and I ALWAYS read them even if I don't reply to a few. Oh yeah, I tip! 3nodding

Today's drawing focuses on Female proportions. I also tried a little backround. I have no idea on background scaling/coloring NO IDEA. I tried to get complementary colors together... mainly the purple and yellow. And the face, HER CHIN IS A WEAPON! GEEZ

Phew, alright I finally recovered from slight exhaustion. I think I'll focus more on characters for awhile. I just wanted to go color crazy for a bit these past days xp

As always, I may not reply sometimes but I always read comments/critique

User Image
The only qualm I have are the shoulders, they seem a little too broad for a female. Though that could just be the dress doing that to her.
Apart from that, this drawing is top notch 3nodding

Newbie Noob

Slymelon
The only qualm I have are the shoulders, they seem a little too broad for a female. Though that could just be the dress doing that to her.
Apart from that, this drawing is top notch 3nodding

it's PROBABLY not the clothing. I'm glad you noticed that, I wouldn't have biggrin Thanks for the comment!

Victor Bernard's Husbando

Dangerous Dabbler

The face seems a bit long for a woman. Women tend to have more rounded faces than men. I think if you bring up the jaw line and round out her chin, you'll get her looking a little more feminine.

Oh, for the shoulders, a good rule of thumb is that a woman's shoulders and hips are the same width.

Actually, I think the shoulders are just fine. They're not broad at all. Although the elbows should probably extend downwards a bit more (elbows tend to stop a bit above your belly button) and the forearms should probably be a bit shorter, along with her hands being a bit larger (about the size of her face.) That's it. C:

Oh, about the shoulders to waist ratio thing. That's not always true. There tend to be 4 different body types for females.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Theres box shape (where shoulders, waist, and hips are about the same width,) Pear Shape (where hips tend to be wider than both shoulders and waist,) Apple Shape (where shoulders tend to be broader than waist and hips,) and finally Hourglass Shape (where shoulders and hips are equally wider than the waist.)

Here's some more examples:

Box Shape:

Cameron Diaz

Pear Shape:

Beyonce

Apple Shape:

Angelina Jolie

And probably the most famous Hourglass Shape:

Marilyn Monroe

They're all equally abundant and natural and it's good to learn to draw all of them to expand your talent. I bet all the girls you know in real life have different body shapes, yeah? It's like hair texture or skin color. It might become a bad habit if you try to conform to drawing one type to make the "perfect girl shape" or whatever. I'll tell you that its much more impressive when you can imitate the shape of girls that have different body types in real life than in magazines or tv.
User Image

Newbie Noob

I quoted so that you can see my appreciation for that giant post! Thanks for spending so much time on helping me! It must've taken awhile to look up all those pic. As always, thanks for the comments!

And THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH for that effort.
Kracie

Hehe, no problem. Its just that to really get better at drawing I had to draw from life, not pictures or videos, and its hard to go around getting 36-24-36 supermodels to pose for you, haha. Better to just understand concepts and try different things cause if not all your female characters might start to look the same. And most people want to imitate life when they draw, not a utopia where everyone looks perfect and similar.

User Image

Generous Gaian

19,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
the feet seem kind of small (no toe room)
and the legs strike me as too short for the body size
but i could be wrong
sorry to waste your time

Distinct Dabbler

Feet and hands are quite small. The hands are suposed to be big enough to cover the face ie. facepalm.

Newbie Noob

Bunnyrabbit003
the feet seem kind of small (no toe room)
and the legs strike me as too short for the body size
but i could be wrong
sorry to waste your time

There's no such thing as a waste of time! Every little bit helps ya know whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items