Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Phantom

11,875 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I suck so hard at frills, if anyone would like to give me some help on those that'd be amazing. I haven't drawn digitally for months, only recently got my tablet working again (no idea how I fixed it but I'm in need of a new one..badly haha) which is on it's last legs but I'm kind of happy with this. Been so busy with uni (2nd year woo) that I just haven't been able to draw or doodle or anything for so long.

User Image

what do you think?

Witty Phantom

11,875 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I love the fact you can do art on the computer. it is one thing i am not able to do yet. but you are missing legs. or feet. yup legs or feet.
It's a good start

Anxious Cat

19,790 Points
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
Here's a tutorial on frills (not really a tutorial but more like a way to draw them I guess?)
And another one
I think it looks nice. Chibis are one of those styles that people really can't go too wrong on, because there's so much styles and anatomy usually isn't a concern. But your shading looks good too.

Frills can be hard, but once you understand the concept, it's really no big deal. You can try learning by seeing how a curtain hang and where the folds go.
I did a little sketching on my take of frills.

User Image

If you need any more help, feel free to ask.
Frills would usually look better if you make your edges less bubbly. The bottom of the frills should be flat.

Witty Phantom

11,875 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Sakiusa
Here's a tutorial on frills (not really a tutorial but more like a way to draw them I guess?)
And another one

thank you so much!

Witty Phantom

11,875 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
xiatara
I think it looks nice. Chibis are one of those styles that people really can't go too wrong on, because there's so much styles and anatomy usually isn't a concern. But your shading looks good too.

Frills can be hard, but once you understand the concept, it's really no big deal. You can try learning by seeing how a curtain hang and where the folds go.
I did a little sketching on my take of frills.

User Image

If you need any more help, feel free to ask.
Frills would usually look better if you make your edges less bubbly. The bottom of the frills should be flat.

Oh my goodness this is so helpful! Thank you very much!! biggrin

Witty Phantom

11,875 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
BeBananas
I love the fact you can do art on the computer. it is one thing i am not able to do yet. but you are missing legs. or feet. yup legs or feet.

I couldn't quite get them right so I (annoyingly) gave up :< I have a bad habit of doing that. Feets are difficult D:

Smitten Kitten

16,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
Jill4ChrisRedfeild
BeBananas

I couldn't quite get them right so I (annoyingly) gave up :< I have a bad habit of doing that. Feets are difficult D:
With this style you can get away with a lot! I would practice feet more if I were you, but these already look like legs and take 0 effort

User Image

Witty Phantom

11,875 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
[ RenRen ]
Jill4ChrisRedfeild
BeBananas

With this style you can get away with a lot! I would practice feet more if I were you, but these already look like legs and take 0 effort

User Image

Ahh thank you! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas