Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Seeker

As mentioned in the title, this is my first digital drawing, and so, I decided to make myself some avi art. (sorry if the pic is huge)

User Image

Did I do okay? If not, what can I fix? I'd appreciate your critique on this. (Oh, and if anyone may, could you please tell me how much it would cost, were I to make and sell avi art?)

Nerdy Oatmeal's Partner

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
It looks better than my digital art, and I've been drawing on the computer since last year.

As for a price, I would base it around 300K, but that's what I would pay for your art.

Could you please draw me? I've been looking for some signature art...

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
that's pretty good for a first digital! my only suggestion is next time don't focus so much on the special coloring and try to do some more shading (: itll help your pic pop more

Desirable Flatterer

7,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
I think that's REALLY good for a first time digital artist, but what you have to keep in mind is little things will make the picture pop. If I was just scrolling through, no offense, I wouldn't have noticed it. I think if you added a little bit more detail to the eye, and shaded it a little bit, the picture would draw someone's eye.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

7,600 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
You need stronger shadows. It just looks like flat color.

Greedy Seeker

Static Sludge
that's pretty good for a first digital! my only suggestion is next time don't focus so much on the special coloring and try to do some more shading (: itll help your pic pop more

writingonstars
I think that's REALLY good for a first time digital artist, but what you have to keep in mind is little things will make the picture pop. If I was just scrolling through, no offense, I wouldn't have noticed it. I think if you added a little bit more detail to the eye, and shaded it a little bit, the picture would draw someone's eye.

Intoxicating Remembrance

Yeah... I'm really bad at shading. I need to practice on that..

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Nana Yuuna
Static Sludge

writingonstars

Intoxicating Remembrance

Yeah... I'm really bad at shading. I need to practice on that..

only way to improve is to approach it head on, avoiding it will only hurt you.

I find whatever your weakest point, focus on that and practice over and over and over XP it helps a lot <3

Sparkly Gekko

This is really good! :3
As other users have mentioned, you might want to work on shading uvu
The special coloring looks cool though, although there should be a bit less of that. smile

Glaedier800's Queen

Inquisitive Kitten

12,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Nana Yuuna
As mentioned in the title, this is my first digital drawing, and so, I decided to make myself some avi art. (sorry if the pic is huge)

User Image

Did I do okay? If not, what can I fix? I'd appreciate your critique on this. (Oh, and if anyone may, could you please tell me how much it would cost, were I to make and sell avi art?)

I love it but one thing.... A little more shading around the neck and chest area to offset some of the lines. It would give it more depth. I mean the hair is good with the different shades. Same with the hat and pants. But the vest I woulda added some off white almost light blue tones for a bit of dark ness to make it pop. smile

Bashful Flatterer

in terms of digital art, the color and effects are less important than the actual anatomy of the character and overall flow of the picture itself.

In terms of first digital, you did very well! It looks like you put a lot of work into it.

Next time you're drawing, try adding wrinkles and shading to the clothing, and try to differentiate the hair. In the example above, you can't tell where the hair in between her fingers is coming from.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff