Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is a WIP, only the eyes and nose are done. But is something off about the anatomy or something? Red lines or commentary would be appreciated!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Obsessive milonguera

What you did finish is very well done, precise and subtle and lovely.
I would however like to comment on your general style. It shows skill and it is pleasing to the eye, but at the same time it lacks a bit of character, something to show this is the way you and only you draw something, something recognizably yours. As it is, it is doll-perfect.

Wheezing Fatcat

it's wonderful heart
Thank you 3nodding
Any critiques though?
This is nice, especially the eyes, but I know you want a critique. There will also be a redline link for you at the end. smile Also, I am sorry if this comes off as categorical and dry. I am typing as I redline. smile

When you are doing digital always flip your canvas horizontally. When I flipped the image, there were obviously some errors in the position of the character’s body. She comes off being rather stiff, especially in the torso area. Never start detail in one area, you’ll end up burning yourself out, and generally there rest of the image won’t be as detailed, so try moving around and keeping everything at the same finishing. The top half of the head is a bit too large in relation to the rest of the face. One of the shoulders is wider. The neck needs to be elongated. When a person smiles their eyes also smile which means the bottom lid actually curves upwards, and the cheeks also move to accommodate a smile which makes the cheek/mouth lines, I don’t know what they are really called…Portraying emotions on a face can be hard make sure you have a few references when you do. You also need to make sure that the material flows with the individuals body shape, especially in the bust area which can be rather hard. :S

Again I apologize if this comes off as cold, I just suck at writing things up. :S

The redline:
User Image

Well i hope that this will help you. I wish you good luck!! ^_^
Eeddey
This is nice, especially the eyes, but I know you want a critique. There will also be a redline link for you at the end. smile Also, I am sorry if this comes off as categorical and dry. I am typing as I redline. smile

When you are doing digital always flip your canvas horizontally. When I flipped the image, there were obviously some errors in the position of the character’s body. She comes off being rather stiff, especially in the torso area. Never start detail in one area, you’ll end up burning yourself out, and generally there rest of the image won’t be as detailed, so try moving around and keeping everything at the same finishing. The top half of the head is a bit too large in relation to the rest of the face. One of the shoulders is wider. The neck needs to be elongated. When a person smiles their eyes also smile which means the bottom lid actually curves upwards, and the cheeks also move to accommodate a smile which makes the cheek/mouth lines, I don’t know what they are really called…Portraying emotions on a face can be hard make sure you have a few references when you do. You also need to make sure that the material flows with the individuals body shape, especially in the bust area which can be rather hard. :S

Again I apologize if this comes off as cold, I just suck at writing things up. :S

The redline:
User Image

Well i hope that this will help you. I wish you good luck!! ^_^

Thank you, that was very helpful!
Direction of lighting doesnt seem to be consistent
The whole piece has a slight skew, slanting to left on top. Which could be spotted more easily if you flipped the image.

3,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
the nose is so cute. I think you can make it look really cool with a textured brush for the skin, so it will look even more realistic. her eyes aren't "smiling" with her mouth, but thats all i think is wrong. best of luck!
Judging by the quality of your linework, I have a tough time believing you did those eyes and nose by yourself. Even if you did, and you completed the artwork based on the linework, the placement is definitely crooked. Just something about it is... Off. Her mouth, arms, and cleavage being the most bothersome features to my eyes. The colour scheme is also visually unappealing. To correct this image would probably take almost a complete redraw, and you may want to study up on some colour theory to make a friendlier composition.
China Glaze

Thank you, that was very helpful!

You're welcome. I look forward to seeing it finished. smile
Gruggle
Judging by the quality of your linework, I have a tough time believing you did those eyes and nose by yourself.

lol, wow? Not sure if I should feel complimented by this. It's not 'linework' it's a rough sketch of the idea laid out. I'm obviously not going to paint the flower and leaves by those basic shapes for example, I would go over it eventually with a cleaner sketch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff