Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Fairy

User Image

Just finished, I really like this but how can it be better for next time? I needed a new sig image as my other one was quite old lol! I'm open for all sorts of criticism as I really need to improve. Thank you for everything and your help! I will consider everything that everyone says, and use it to better myself as an artist!

Much Gratitude!

Blessed Conversationalist

6,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Its very well done, my crits would be that her arm position is super weird and unnatural, its possible but I tried it and it was really uncomfortable. And I understand that you are going for the exaggerated features but I think the eyes are to exaggerated compared to the other facial features, it makes her look really odd. but like I said i think its over all good and I like your shading!

Hygienic Fairy

mew1130
Its very well done, my crits would be that her arm position is super weird and unnatural, its possible but I tried it and it was really uncomfortable. And I understand that you are going for the exaggerated features but I think the eyes are to exaggerated compared to the other facial features, it makes her look really odd. but like I said i think its over all good and I like your shading!

Ah! Thank you so much, and looking at the arms you are right thank you for this. Will do some arm/pose studies to help make things a little more natural, and I will work on these things more in the future! I really greatly appreciate the help, you are a very nice person to do so!

Blessed Vampire

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
Nice work but the upper body is to short though.
Additionally I think you can improve your art if you do more dynamic poses.

Hygienic Fairy

JD-Ayane

Oh I didn't even notice that thank you! I will look into studying more poses such as you suggested! I truly thank you smile heart

Blessed Vampire

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
Tattooed Priestess

Oh I didn't even notice that thank you! I will look into studying more poses such as you suggested! I truly thank you smile heart

You´re welcome. smile It´s sometimes I am trying to improve myself so I kinda concentrate on that. XDDD

Blessed Conversationalist

6,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Tattooed Priestess
mew1130

Ah! Thank you so much, and looking at the arms you are right thank you for this. Will do some arm/pose studies to help make things a little more natural, and I will work on these things more in the future! I really greatly appreciate the help, you are a very nice person to do so!

You're welcome keep practicing
Not a critique but I just wanted to say this is adorable!!!
I've never done digital art and I probably never will. I'm a paint and canvas type of person (Old). However, I have to disagree with the statement that the eyes are too exaggerated. There's a comic I read and the eyes are over-exaggerated in it as well and it works. I feel like it works here, but there's no harm in trying them smaller and seeing what you think. I would also have to agree that the pose is a bit off. If you're going for cute, you could have her hands on her chest. All dainty-like or something? LIke if she just got chosen for an award, she'd be like "What, me?" and gesture to herself. Sorry if that's a weird way to describe what I'm thinking. lol

Friendly Genius

8,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
JD-Ayane

Tattooed Priestess

You know, I don't think that it's the torso that's too short, as much as I feel it may actually be the size of the head being a bit too big for the torso. Scaling down the head size might help, though only shrink it a tiny bit. Though it could just be a style preference.

Hygienic Fairy

Red Zebra
I've never done digital art and I probably never will. I'm a paint and canvas type of person (Old). However, I have to disagree with the statement that the eyes are too exaggerated. There's a comic I read and the eyes are over-exaggerated in it as well and it works. I feel like it works here, but there's no harm in trying them smaller and seeing what you think. I would also have to agree that the pose is a bit off. If you're going for cute, you could have her hands on her chest. All dainty-like or something? Like if she just got chosen for an award, she'd be like "What, me?" and gesture to herself. Sorry if that's a weird way to describe what I'm thinking. lol

Thank you for this critique! I appreciate it very much! The idea about changing her arm position to something a little more natural and dainty is a great idea. I like how you described this, and I could totally see someone doing this lol!

Hygienic Fairy

Xx Damian xX

You know, I don't think that it's the torso that's too short, as much as I feel it may actually be the size of the head being a bit too big for the torso. Scaling down the head size might help, though only shrink it a tiny bit. Though it could just be a style preference.

Actually I have taken into account what both of you have said here, and I think it might be that her head is a little to big! Lol looking at it her head is awfully large for her shoulders and torso. Also when taking a closer look maybe it's not the length of the torso but maybe that it is much to thin! I appreciate everything both of you have said here today I'm learning a lot!

Hygienic Fairy

LikeFerShur
Not a critique but I just wanted to say this is adorable!!!

Thank you the kind compliments LikeFerShur!
Wow! Looks awesomee.

3,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
it looks good! next time, you should try using really bolder colors for the skin (i'm weird, so disregard whatever you please). on the shadows of the clothing, try going saturated purplish instead of just a darker shade of blue, it will really catch the eye. also, try out some textured brushes for the skin. I love texture, it gives things a lot of character. Sometimes, i just use a hard round brush, but since i paint in 1 or 2 layers, I force myself to paint over mistakes, which makes things look sort of traditional. These are just some random things i do, it may or may not work for you. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff