Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Hey, I'm asking for a helpful critique over my overall art, you can break down any of it, I just kinda feel like I'm in a rut and need some guidance in a way that would help me improve my art. Please, I'm asking for people to not be rude about it. But I will also do my best to take it in a good way.

This is my information on Deviantart.

6,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
The biggest problem you have right now is anatomy.
The best way I found to combat this is to study as much anatomy as you can and do quick gesture drawings. The more scribbling looking the better because the main focus of a gesture drawing is to capture as much information of the subject in the shortest amount of time.
Also, draw in pen!! 3nodding Not being able to correct your mistakes makes you learn faster not to make them in the first place.

3,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Lavi 8U
The biggest problem you have right now is anatomy.
The best way I found to combat this is to study as much anatomy as you can and do quick gesture drawings. The more scribbling looking the better because the main focus of a gesture drawing is to capture as much information of the subject in the shortest amount of time.
Also, draw in pen!! 3nodding Not being able to correct your mistakes makes you learn faster not to make them in the first place.

Thank you, that's very helpful and I can already see a bit of a change in my stuff C:

3,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
i can draw chibi's but.. uh, its ok for being digital.
i myself do realistic, horror, and other stuff, for im practing to be a tattoo artist,
so my advice,
fix the faces a bit more, and angel them better.other than that,
there ok.

My art:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

3,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
asiayue
i can draw chibi's but.. uh, its ok for being digital.
i myself do realistic, horror, and other stuff, for im practing to be a tattoo artist,
so my advice,
fix the faces a bit more, and angel them better.other than that,
there ok.

Thank you C: And what exactly do you mean by angel them?

3,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Anatomy seems to be one of the biggest things you're suffering a little from.

Don't be afraid to look at models or skilled artists to learn your anatomy, I had to learn from the ground up.

Also, there are a ton of tuts online that help you teach anatomy, Female anatomy is the most difficult because of the little details you gotta focus on.

Your colour variety is good, you're using a better palette than me, that's for sure, and your chibis look great.

A note; For girls, don't be afraid to flush out their eyes with some thicker lines, eyelashes and whatnot, make them pop. On women, their eyes are a key feature to define their looks.

Other then that, you got some real potential my friend

3,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
some head directions are a it off, and some face's need to either wider, and eyes and nose porportioned

3,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Luyen
Anatomy seems to be one of the biggest things you're suffering a little from.

Don't be afraid to look at models or skilled artists to learn your anatomy, I had to learn from the ground up.

Also, there are a ton of tuts online that help you teach anatomy, Female anatomy is the most difficult because of the little details you gotta focus on.

Your colour variety is good, you're using a better palette than me, that's for sure, and your chibis look great.

A note; For girls, don't be afraid to flush out their eyes with some thicker lines, eyelashes and whatnot, make them pop. On women, their eyes are a key feature to define their looks.

Other then that, you got some real potential my friend

Thank you, I have been looking around at other people's art, that's kinda how I've gotten as far as I have.

And I personally have a harder time with men. I'm around women all day so I get to actually see female anatomy often, but men, not so much.

I'll definitely try the eye thing. I kinda have a hard time with eyes, more of the colouring but both give me problems.

Thank you again C:

3,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items