Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello ~
This is a semi-realistic style.
I'm open for any suggestions ^^

Thank you in advance <3

User Image

Shameless Exhibitionist

Omgggg this is gorgeous. But if it was me, I would make her chin a little more rounded and realistic. The shadow below her lip looks like it falls on a rounded chil, but then there's this angular anime chin. It kind of throws me off. Idk if that's your personal style. But no seriously I loveeee this.
Rydiee
Omgggg this is gorgeous. But if it was me, I would make her chin a little more rounded and realistic. The shadow below her lip looks like it falls on a rounded chil, but then there's this angular anime chin. It kind of throws me off. Idk if that's your personal style. But no seriously I loveeee this.

Thank you <33 I sometime struggle to draw the chin sweatdrop
I try to keep it symmetrical as possible and every time I attempt to draw a round chin.. the face looks fat 4laugh
But, I'll keep what you said in mind. Thanks again ^^

Dapper Gekko

Her face isn't quite on center. It's not necessarily noticeable at first glance but if you flip the image it makes some things like her chin and the antlers on her head jump out. I added a line dropping perpendicular from the corners of her eyes to make it even more obvious as well:
User Image

And while she's very pretty, she also doesn't say semi-realism to me. Realism (and therefore semi realism to lesser extent) relies heavily on value to give form and depth, but the lightness of your colors is taking away a lot of your value range as you can see from the B&W. Because of this you've ended up relying on your lines to show the shape of her face and as a result she's become rather flat. If you want to move into a slightly more realistic style (or even if you don't) I think you'd get a lot out of life drawing from simple objects like eggs or boxes. Just forcing yourself to notice how the shadows fall of different surfaces is really helpful even when working in a simplified style like anime.
Escherichia coli
Her face isn't quite on center. It's not necessarily noticeable at first glance but if you flip the image it makes some things like her chin and the antlers on her head jump out. I added a line dropping perpendicular from the corners of her eyes to make it even more obvious as well:
User Image

And while she's very pretty, she also doesn't say semi-realism to me. Realism (and therefore semi realism to lesser extent) relies heavily on value to give form and depth, but the lightness of your colors is taking away a lot of your value range as you can see from the B&W. Because of this you've ended up relying on your lines to show the shape of her face and as a result she's become rather flat. If you want to move into a slightly more realistic style (or even if you don't) I think you'd get a lot out of life drawing from simple objects like eggs or boxes. Just forcing yourself to notice how the shadows fall of different surfaces is really helpful even when working in a simplified style like anime.

Thank you so much for the constructive response. I will take everything you said and apply it into my other works c:
I still have a lot to learn about semi realism ><

Hygienic Shopper

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
This definitely looks more anime-ish than realistic with her large eyes, small nose and sharp chin. However, this piece looks lovely, and I adore the palette of colours you chose. As Escherichia coli mentioned, she seems to be leaning towards the right.

Love the details in the eyes.

Feline Flatterer

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I wish there were more details on the flowers and antlers, just because there's so much detail in the eyes and hair. o:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff