Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Seeker

Art: x x x x
In order from most to least recent.

I would appreciate some tips and critique on my art in order for me to improve. If you could price it aswell, I would greatly appreciate it since I'm opening up an art shop soon. I'm not exactly sure what my art would be worth. o3o;... Thanks in advancee~ ouo

Benevolent Sex Symbol

13,125 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
Nana Yuuna
Omg i love the third one o .o;;; its just amazing * w*;;

Greedy Seeker

Perky Peppermint
Nana Yuuna
O: Thanksss. I had trouble with the background =w=;

Benevolent Sex Symbol

13,125 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
Nana Yuuna
Perky Peppermint
Nana Yuuna
O: Thanksss. I had trouble with the background =w=;
Everyone has trouble with things :3 but its soo good o wo plus i love that kind of art too xD all evil and mysterious O wO

Feline Noob

1st, 2nd, 4th one:

- lines are delicate. need more weight. try thicker line where there is depth/weight.

all of them:

- great start on anatomical knowledge, need more practice. try quick figure studies before sitting down to start a project. here is great tool for practice. also!! flip your image as you work on it - great benefit of working digital. in photoshop, you can select "flip layer horizontally", in SAI, you can press "H" on your keyboard. helps point out anatomy wonkiness.
- colors - study more! too "pure". i.e., you're using a pure green, or a pure black, and nothing really quite looks like that IRL. your palettes arent UNIFIED try more subtle. BUTTT! colors are hard. so it's ok, just practice more. here is a unified how-to, and a color tutorial 1, and a color tutorial 2.

2nd one:

- too similar value, (value = darkness or lightness, black --& white, that thing). if you made this image only grayscale, you would see it's mostly dark!! so that means not enough contrast, and not enough range.

3rd one:

- very strong! lines this time are ALL too heavy - not enough variance, not enough subtlety. also!! using pure black can be too much. thsi is the case here. the background trees are great!! the grass though - not varied enough. it looks too uniform. natural things arent uniform.

great work! keep drawing! i know nothing about pricing, sorry. 3nodding

Greedy Seeker

thetinynina
1st, 2nd, 4th one:

- lines are delicate. need more weight. try thicker line where there is depth/weight.

all of them:

- great start on anatomical knowledge, need more practice. try quick figure studies before sitting down to start a project. here is great tool for practice. also!! flip your image as you work on it - great benefit of working digital. in photoshop, you can select "flip layer horizontally", in SAI, you can press "H" on your keyboard. helps point out anatomy wonkiness.
- colors - study more! too "pure". i.e., you're using a pure green, or a pure black, and nothing really quite looks like that IRL. your palettes arent UNIFIED try more subtle. BUTTT! colors are hard. so it's ok, just practice more. here is a unified how-to, and a color tutorial 1, and a color tutorial 2.

2nd one:

- too similar value, (value = darkness or lightness, black --& white, that thing). if you made this image only grayscale, you would see it's mostly dark!! so that means not enough contrast, and not enough range.

3rd one:

- very strong! lines this time are ALL too heavy - not enough variance, not enough subtlety. also!! using pure black can be too much. thsi is the case here. the background trees are great!! the grass though - not varied enough. it looks too uniform. natural things arent uniform.

great work! keep drawing! i know nothing about pricing, sorry. 3nodding
OOh~! Thanks for all the tips, references, and tutorials. They're extremely helpful I'll use them all to work on creating better art! ouo
HHIII NEEE-SANN -waves rapidly-
First picture: The right arm seems kinda broken, gotta fix that! The left arm is too thin. It looks like the girl has a huge crotch. Make the contours of the thigh more varied. The thigh is too thin at the top! Also, both of the thighs are not at an equivalent length. The fingers seem to be too thick.
Third: There is a humongous crotch on her, so you're gonna have to shorten it. The legs are very thin, especially the calf. The contour lines are not very visible on them.

Greedy Seeker

Noxidian
First picture: The right arm seems kinda broken, gotta fix that! The left arm is too thin. It looks like the girl has a huge crotch. Make the contours of the thigh more varied. The thigh is too thin at the top! Also, both of the thighs are not at an equivalent length. The fingers seem to be too thick.
Third: There is a humongous crotch on her, so you're gonna have to shorten it. The legs are very thin, especially the calf. The contour lines are not very visible on them.
Ah, arms... So difficult to draw. xD

>u>; 'huge crotch' wass supposed to be her pants tenting over
and crap im bad with limbs D: xD need to work on that ono

ah... third, she wasnt really supposed to be proportionally correct anyways =u=

thankss for letting me knoww on what i need to fixx biggrin

Distinct Elder

I think you need to study actual human anatomy through life/photo studies. You're treating limbs as straight lines and it makes everything look really stiff. Even really skinny people have some variation to the thickness of their limbs.

Shy Star

The poses are a little bit static. I think you could benefit from throwing some curves against all the straights, livening them up a little bit. Even a neutral standing pose should have some life to it. You're off to a good start though, that third one is quite a neat looking concept.
User Image
wow! You are such a good color'er

Star

Wow, your art is amazing. The 3rd one is my kind of thing :3
I really like your colouring style, especially the colouring on the scythe in the 2nd one ^^
I also like how you draw different body shapes really well.

However the left arm on the first one looks like it's just a stick, unless maybe she is handicapped and you intended it.

For the third one, I personally like the out of proportion thing and the thinness of it. It gives it a supernatural and "dead" feel if that's what you're aiming for. After all, it's art (:

Wealthy Smoker

Nana Yuuna
Art: x x x x
In order from most to least recent.

I would appreciate some tips and critique on my art in order for me to improve. If you could price it aswell, I would greatly appreciate it since I'm opening up an art shop soon. I'm not exactly sure what my art would be worth. o3o;... Thanks in advancee~ ouo

Damn son, that's some really legit art. I really like it. I would say it's worth about 2-4 bil solid.

Noble Inquisitor

I'd say practice on anatomy, from most recent to the least recent there's something to redline about each.

600kish

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces