Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gekko

so i just started arting again and i have no idea how to digital art
photoshop is rly confusing and idk how to color so it just turned out like this
User ImageUser Image

so like if any of you have any advice on how to digital art it would be much loved
i don't have a tablet so i just take pictures of my irl doodles and then go over them with my mouse it's hard and takes a long time
Those are really good, I love your style.

For digital art advice, what I do is I use Paint tool sai (Which cost about 60$ if i remember correctly.) or Gimp (which is free) and I find them (especially gimp) to be a lot easier to use than photoshop. I also use those two because they really good tools for line art (Gimp has the path tool and Sai has vector layers) and also really selection tools that are a lot easier to use with out a tablet that can make coloring and shading a lot easier and neater.

Theres also a lot more programs that I don't have personal experience with so I would recommend doing research on all the ones you hear about or better try them all to see which one you like best.

Gekko

AsterJoTheNeko

wahh thanks redface
i used to use gimp to edit pics but it would crash when i used it on my mac ; n ;
i have another program called pixelmator that might have somethign similar but i'll look into things similar to the path tool or vector layers idk what these are haha gonna google
thanks so much for the advice ₍՞◌′ᵕ‵ू◌₎♡

Hilarious Genius

7,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Loiterer 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
These are super cute! I like your style, you have a lot of potential smile

I'd first suggest getting a cheap tablet. I started digital art by using a mouse and if you're trying to draw with it, it's pretty painful. You should be able to grab a decent monoprice tablet for $50, I think you can get a Wacom bamboo tablet for something similar as well

If you really want to stick with the mouse for a while though I suggest trying out a demo for paint tool SAI, it's got a built in inking tool that helps with going over drawings a lot as long as you're willing to work to understand it a bit

Gekko

robodongs

thanks so much ahhh redface
i kind of want to get a tablet but i don't draw enough to justify it yet, i'm hoping i can motivate myself to draw enough so that i can convince myself to buy one haha thanks for the recommendations tho so i'll know what to look for when i can convince myself to buy one
i'll check out sai for a bit hopefully i can figure it out
thanks so much for the advice!!! (ෆ ͒•∘̬• ͒)◞

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas