Welcome to Gaia! ::

Um here i know it sucks but i just want some critic on how i should start improving this is my first attemp on using photoshop 6.0

User Image

I'm editing this because people dont usually look over other pages so they cant see this one i posted too

User Image
Searching the web using Google.com for photo shop tutorials might prove helpful.

Layers are your friends, remember that.

As for the dragon, it's nice but the perspective needs work. The dragon's right eye shouldn't even -or hardly- be visible with that angle of the head. The left eye should be titled downwards, and moved to the side.
The scales look odd. Almost as if they are shiny rocks stacked ontop of each other, I suggest looking at lizards or snakes for examples (again, you can find pictures of such animals using google.com).

Just try to remember bone structure, when drawing dragons. They have to be functional.
There are plenty of tutorials on how to do dragons on the net.
THANK YOU I NEEDE A CRITIC LIKE YOU!
any one else biggrin please
anyone? O.o or those the first critic here said it all?
Megumi Sosejisa
anyone? O.o or those the first critic here said it all?

*snerk* Most people tend to be lazy when it comes to beginner artists.
I think it's kinda pretty. It's nice for a first try at Photoshop! Very nice. I like the colors. You did pretty good with it, I think. It looks like you spent some time on it, and you added in a good deal of detail. 3nodding
*waves* Honestly I think the first critic said it best. The eye and the scales need work - but it's very good for a first try. I think it would help for you to look at how scales overlap - fish are another good subject, especially for shiny scales and tiny ones.
It looks pretty nice, much better then I did my first time with photoshop.

It seems like you tried to make thing really flashy, sometime simplicity can be really nice also. Good luck, and practice is the best way to improve!
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR CRITIC! *hugs them all* biggrin
will anyone else please comment on this >.<
Your lines could use some work--they're pixely. Also, the scales are reallly weird.. they're all strangely shiny and look like tiles, not following the dragon's form. Your coloring in general needs quite a bit of work. As soemone earlier suggested, go find a tutorial online (there are lots of them.. and links to some in the art discussion forum).
OMG! That Goddess picture of yours is BEAUTIFUL!!! I heart it. *huggles* smile
zillylily
OMG! That Goddess picture of yours is BEAUTIFUL!!! I heart it. *huggles* smile
thank you ^_^
3nodding Your welcome! It deserves praise.*holds head up high then falls down th stairs on her head*ouch

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff