Welcome to Gaia! ::

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

art dump here. be harsh if you want .-.
sad to say I just started trying messing with composition so if anyone wants to help with that please do

User Image

I'm no good at animals so if anyone can help me with the legs lmao
User Image

User Image

User Image

OG Citizen

9,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageThe composition for the first one looks good, although I would have done something different with the arm. As for the centaur lady, she's got cow legs! Horse legs are lumpy and have lots of rippling muscles. Also I think the hooves should be bigger. The rest of them look good to me!

~User Imageabreisk

Comrade

Sabreisk
hmm I'm ok with the arm in the first pic? does it just look awkward? haha.
tbh I don't even know the difference between cows and horses lower bodies lol I did see horses have rippling muscles but I was afraid of drawing them since I don't know their anatomy well enough to put them in. I'll keep those in mind when I try drawing horses again. thanks (:

OG Citizen

9,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
pinky pomp
Sabreisk
hmm I'm ok with the arm in the first pic? does it just look awkward? haha.
tbh I don't even know the difference between cows and horses lower bodies lol I did see horses have rippling muscles but I was afraid of drawing them since I don't know their anatomy well enough to put them in. I'll keep those in mind when I try drawing horses again. thanks (:

User Imageit doesn't look awkward per se, but I think having the arm extended would balance the composition a bit more where the hair ends. Probably more of a personal preference.
Exact anatomy isn't incredibly important. Most people wouldn't notice if a bicep or tricep were in the wrong place. Just kinda look at a picture of a horse and go with what feels and looks right. It's a centaur after all and it's a fantasy creature, so it doesn't have to be exactly like a horse.

~User Imageabreisk

Comrade

Sabreisk
ooh ok. yeah I can kinda see it now o:
haha, well, I think animal enthusiasts would definitely tell XD; but I think doing that would make the picture look better than what I have now lol.

OG Citizen

9,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
pinky pomp
Sabreisk
ooh ok. yeah I can kinda see it now o:
haha, well, I think animal enthusiasts would definitely tell XD; but I think doing that would make the picture look better than what I have now lol.

User ImageYeah, probably, but I'd say go ahead! You can always correct the anatomy as you draw more, and you'll feel more comfortable exaggerating it if you can already figure out what looks believable and what doesn't.

~User Imageabreisk

Fashionable Fatcat

i absolutely adore your style * o * i'm not an expert, but i'll just point out things that kind of seem off to me.

okay, so for the first pic i think her head is too big for her body. right now her neck looks really short, so i think shrinking her head will not only extend the neck slightly but balance out her entire body. also i'm not really sure if the hair should be tied the way it is, unless she used hair spray >_> if you're going to create the effect of the hair being lifted by wind or something, you'll have to do the same with the bangs which are looking too static for the motion. otherwise, you could make the ponytail look completely static to match the bangs, in which case you'll have to bring that hair tie up against her head or where her shoulders are.

for the second pic, i love the composition. i don't really know much about horse anatomy either, but i'll just say that the horse is out of sync with the detail of the human. there should be some muscular detail if you' re going to match it with the human-half, and i also think the legs should be more defined? basically, muscles. you should probably look at some horse anatomy (and not listen to me come up with things off my mind about it XD)

i reaaaallly love your third pic. reminds me of my friend's style (and i'm sure she'll object but anyway-) i'm not sure if this is the expression you're creating but maybe arch the eyebrows to create more emotion? also i'm not sure what's going on with the legs; you might want to bring the gap between his legs up which will also bring his knees up, and maybe make his butt bigger to match his top half? his hind looks too flat : (

for the last drawing i think his eyes are too close. if his eyes are going to be the size that they are, widen the gap between them slightly. there should be an approximate one eye distance between the two eyes, of course it differs for every person. but in this case, i don't think his eyes should be this close.

other than that i know i'm reiterating myself, but i really love your style. keep up the awesome work! : D

Comrade

automne du solstice
hmm for the hair, it might just be how I draw it. like it looks kind of stiff but that's sort of how I want it to look? it could definitely look more natural though XD and I agree with the other parts you pointed out especially the third guy's butt lol. thanks (:

Fashionable Fatcat

pinky pomp

haha alright then, you're very welcome : D glad i could help!

Fluffy Bunny

They all look extremely lovely!
Im just sitting here drooling over your amazing line work!
Kepp it up!
Its beautiful~

Comrade

-I-Bunnie-Chii-I-
thank you! (:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers