Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello artists of Gaia!

I've been working on simple watercolor pictures recently for lineart and painting practice. They take me about 20-30 minutes (I'm a slow worker sweatdrop )...and I'm interested in trying to sell commissions or prints. Here are some examples:

User Image
(sorry the quality is so poor, I took pictures of these instead of scanning them in)

User Image

What do you guys think of the quality? What should I do differently if they aren't something you would ever consider buying? And in general, what do you think about the pictures themselves?

Genius

Very cartoon - like. Cute. Something that I'd expect to see in a coloring book.
OneFriendOnline

Haha thank you, do you think they're too childish though?

Genius

Teizar
OneFriendOnline

Haha thank you, do you think they're too childish though?

Not in a bad way. Actually, I can imagine those becoming birthday cards. Just keep on working. emotion_c8

Rich Noob

Cute ! You could probably sell them if you took commissions. People tend to buy avatar art the most so maybe you could practice a few of those ? Just an idea emotion_c8

Newbie Genius

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think they're very sweet, and you could probably find a market for them, especially if you make custom greeting cards or such. If you keep practicing I'm sure you could get into illustration for childrens' books. 3nodding
Very cute.

Wheezing Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
>.> I love them.
I would like to see them in avatar art. I wouldn't pay real-money for them, and the type of paper you use is distracting. But I understand that may just be because of your medium.
Keep practicing, and keep us posted.

Hygienic Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'd definitely pay for one :3

Genius

Teh HollyWood Massacre
>.> I love them.
I would like to see them in avatar art. I wouldn't pay real-money for them, and the type of paper you use is distracting. But I understand that may just be because of your medium.

That type of paper is actual water color paper and it's best to use while drawing in watercolor.

Wheezing Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
OneFriendOnline
Teh HollyWood Massacre
>.> I love them.

That type of paper is actual water color paper and it's best to use while drawing in watercolor.

Yes, I know, that why I tried to acknowledge that. But I remember a few years ago in on eof my art classes, they had a much "whiter" looking paper that I used for watercolor a few times.
Also, have you looked into watercolor pencils? Those are pretty cool.
EDIT: You're not the artist...
Teizar
Hello artists of Gaia!

I've been working on simple watercolor pictures recently for lineart and painting practice. They take me about 20-30 minutes (I'm a slow worker sweatdrop )...and I'm interested in trying to sell commissions or prints. Here are some examples:

User Image
(sorry the quality is so poor, I took pictures of these instead of scanning them in)

User Image

What do you guys think of the quality? What should I do differently if they aren't something you would ever consider buying? And in general, what do you think about the pictures themselves?

You could look into doing children's book illustrations you would fit well there.
I think they may sell, but you would definitely need better scans of them.
thats rich
Cute ! You could probably sell them if you took commissions. People tend to buy avatar art the most so maybe you could practice a few of those ? Just an idea emotion_c8

I was thinking of opening a free shop on Gaia just to practice drawing avatars in that style for other people redface
Stellarie
I think they're very sweet, and you could probably find a market for them, especially if you make custom greeting cards or such. If you keep practicing I'm sure you could get into illustration for childrens' books. 3nodding

I am really excited about people saying that!! Being able to illustrate for children's books would be...beyond words...I can't even describe how cool I think that would be! It makes me want to practice more haha, thank you for your kind words! heart
RupturedSoulz
I'd definitely pay for one :3

redface redface redface
Eeeeeee! That makes me happy! Thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff