Welcome to Gaia! ::

A local comic book shop is having a mascot contest, and I'm thinking she'll be my entry. The final will be in colour, this was just slapped on to give an idea of shading and stuff. Suggestions are very welcome, since I'd really like to win!

User Image

edit: Foot fixed (hopefully), shirt cropped, sleeves added under t-shirt sleeves, right hand changed.
Saiera
A local comic book shop is having a mascot contest, and I'm thinking she'll be my entry. The final will be in colour, this was just slapped on to give an idea of shading and stuff. Suggestions are very welcome, since I'd really like to win!

User Image
Well since I haven't seen the competition, I'm not sure. I really think you have a great chance of winning. It looks absolutely great. whee very nice job. =D
belldandy44
Saiera

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well since I haven't seen the competition, I'm not sure. I really think you have a great chance of winning. It looks absolutely great. whee very nice job. =D

Thank you ^_^
I think its a wonderful drawing. I really do. But.... a comic book store? I think that it would be too girly (not that I have a problem with that) but whoever is judging it might. sweatdrop Im not trying to be mean. Just something without wings on her head? Maybe? And on her back. Just suggesting. Maybe even a guy? I dunno, my comic book store only had guys there.
pi3.14
I think its a wonderful drawing. I really do. But.... a comic book store? I think that it would be too girly (not that I have a problem with that) but whoever is judging it might. sweatdrop Im not trying to be mean. Just something without wings on her head? Maybe? And on her back. Just suggesting. Maybe even a guy? I dunno, my comic book store only had guys there.

Yeah, I thought that might be a problem... I guess I'll try to guy it up (??) a little more before submitting it.
yea I kinda have to agree with pi3.14 - the drawing is really nice, but when I think of a comic book mascot, I don't think of a girl with wings sweatdrop usually..
but, hey, we're not the ones deciding who the winner will be, so best of luck whee domokun
erm, anyways.. some c&c
her right foot.. seems a little odd.. mishapenly bent? lol.. seems to me.. like it is..
and her right hand.. where the pinky and the edge of her hand is.. seems a little odd to me.. might be the angle/position of the pinky
umm.. other than that, it's good.. with a good pose 3nodding
i like the "wash" look to it... cool cool
It's a very nice drawing. Good luck xd
benj-O
yea I kinda have to agree with pi3.14 - the drawing is really nice, but when I think of a comic book mascot, I don't think of a girl with wings sweatdrop usually..
but, hey, we're not the ones deciding who the winner will be, so best of luck whee domokun
erm, anyways.. some c&c
her right foot.. seems a little odd.. mishapenly bent? lol.. seems to me.. like it is..
and her right hand.. where the pinky and the edge of her hand is.. seems a little odd to me.. might be the angle/position of the pinky
umm.. other than that, it's good.. with a good pose 3nodding

Thankyou for letting me know bout the weird bits! 3nodding I'll try to fix them up.
Saiera
pi3.14

Yeah, I thought that might be a problem... I guess I'll try to guy it up (??) a little more before submitting it.

hehe... Good Luck! But its your own decision, Im just making a suggestion.
that looks really good! But her arms are a little bit too long...

and if you target audience is going to be comic book shop guys, you might want to make her more sexy than cute...

^_^ just some suggestions

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces