Welcome to Gaia! ::

Critique? YES?

Yes 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
No 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
I'm Kracie so I can't 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
I hate that pun ^^ 0.36363636363636 36.4% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]

Newbie Noob

Hello there, I've got the critique I wanted for this picture, but as always I still look at every comment left. I think from now on I'll write "Archived" or" To be Archived" so that I don't waste people's time if this ends up bumping. I'll probably Archive these in the Scrapbook section.

I STILL read all comments.

Title: Colonel Shan
Theme: Colonel Badass
Focus: I realize that you can't always color everything in and sometimes and artist is restricted to only some utensils. Today I restricted myself to only a #2 lead (mechanical) pencil and erasers. The primary focus was shading and facial structures (because most of my criticism was on facial structure). Secondary focuses were handwork and lighting.
Closing: I really liked how this one turned out and as always feel free to leave a comment/critique. I may not be able to reply sometimes but I read all of them! Scanner is old-ish.

User Image

Rogue

10,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
the eyes are oddly to the front, the face is too big compared to the head itself, the hands are too small, you still need practice in clothes folds but everything else is pretty nice.

Newbie Noob

Tsuzukiga
the eyes are oddly to the front, the face is too big compared to the head itself, the hands are too small, you still need practice in clothes folds but everything else is pretty nice.

Yeah! woo, I feel good. That doesn't meant I'll slack off though! Thanks again heart !
Let me start of by saying, you're general understanding of light and shadows is solid, a lot of people have issues with that, so good on you.

You have a good understanding of how anatomy works, but you're a little off in places. As Tsuzukiga said, his face is too big and his hands are too small. I often still have this problem if I don't watch it. The best advice I can give is to use references of real people when you draw, not anime characters. This will really help to cement in the correct anatomy.

Another issue I see is that his neck is too skinny and long compared to his shoulders and head. I'm aware that long necks are often a stylistic choice, so I don't mean offense. I would suggest, however, spending some time just drawing busts to really hone in that skill. One of the things I use are medical drawings of the muscle structure, for me it helps to see how all of the things are supposed to connect.

You're certainly on the right track, keep it up.

Newbie Noob

xNotDeadYetx
Let me start of by saying, you're general understanding of light and shadows is solid, a lot of people have issues with that, so good on you.

You have a good understanding of how anatomy works, but you're a little off in places. As Tsuzukiga said, his face is too big and his hands are too small. I often still have this problem if I don't watch it. The best advice I can give is to use references of real people when you draw, not anime characters. This will really help to cement in the correct anatomy.

Another issue I see is that his neck is too skinny and long compared to his shoulders and head. I'm aware that long necks are often a stylistic choice, so I don't mean offense. I would suggest, however, spending some time just drawing busts to really hone in that skill. One of the things I use are medical drawings of the muscle structure, for me it helps to see how all of the things are supposed to connect.

You're certainly on the right track, keep it up.

What do you mean drawing busts?
Wow, medical muscle structure huh? That really blows my mind! whee
As always Thanks for the comments
A bust is just the head/neck/ shoulders of a person, it will help to build up the structure.

And yes. I think it's important to know what's under the skin so that you know how it moves. I also spent a lot of time, still spend a lot of time, with using skeletons when drawing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff