Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
With blessings from the official guild 3nodding
and forum administrators!

"Fight random people, one picture at a time"

arrow What is this battle royale?
It's just as the name suggests, a big brawl where anyone is free to fight anyone.

arrow How do I fight? Is this like roleplaying?
- No, The concept is based on drawings. Meaning if you see something happening or a person posing or taunting you're free to then use any medium you wish to attack and engage that person in battle.

- The picture should show both him/her and you doing your move. Even if you go for a killing move the other person has the right to do a recovery move.
For instance it could be like this:

1) Someone poses.
2) You attack the person cutting off all the limbs with a chainsaw or sword.
3) The person counters by suddenly possesing telekinesis and has his/her limbs launch at you.

The only thing that I can't stress enough is that it has to be a picture showing this. It's okay to add in text for the picture if you draw comic panels to add some dialogue or the likes smile

arrow Does it have to be made in a special style?
- Nope, its the all in the artists way of doing pictures and should therefore stay that way. If you're engaged by someone who you concider draws in a way lesser to yours and shouldnt be bothered with your efforts you're looking at this the wrong way. It can be speedpainting, pencil sketches, gif animations, avatar edits, oekaki, whatever your speciality is.

arrow So why even bother?
- Hey, I'm not forcing you to participate. I started this thread because in the long run its good practice. You have to show what's happening in a good way so you get practice with dynamic movement and the likes.

arrow There is an official guild based on this, do they know?
- Yes, the official guild knows and is soon to be revived with this thread in connection to it smile

arrow People are challenging the character I wanted to fight!
- Sorry! I should have pointed that out earlier! It's bound to happen, that many might attack the character you were targetting but don't get too hung up over it seeing as its the targeted character who decides which attack to counter and he/she might even do a double work and unite both attacks targetted at him/her. I have seen 3on3 and more brawls in the early days so keep up the good work and just wait and see how it develops!

arrow My attack didn't have any effect on the targeted character and was more or less ignored.
- If you're still up for the job you can make a follow-up and make it hit someone else. Remember this is all for fun and personal practice if you will. So no getting too overly upset! Just follow the flow smile

arrow What about talking(writing) to other participants here?
- By all means, compliment! Tho, please avoid adding posts telling you will be on later or start conversations that lose track of the red line. You are not in your own private thread and others might find that annoying.
If you need to talk something out do it through PICTURES, PMs or at another thread. This is a picture post.

OFFICIAL AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE GUILD

(check in for more information)

wahmbulance NEWCOMERS BROWSE THROUGH THE NEWEST PAGES TO SEE IF THERE ALREADY IS SOMEONE TAUNTING FOR A BATTLE AND ATTACK THEM
There wont be any battles started if you just show off the characters smile

wahmbulance NO SPAMMING! IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT WITH ANOTHER PARTICIPANT DO IT THROUGH PM OR ON ANOTHER THREAD.
You interrupt the battles if you just post text or conversations only meaningful to you and another one in the middle of ongoing battles.

This post being a sticky, no bumps are needed nor allowed!

GET READY TO RUMBLE!

User Image

FIGHT!
Stickied and active! I hope everyone feels free to start participating in this thread.
oh wow! this looks like a great idea!~♥
can I give a suggestion? you should phisically write that you're engaging someone before you start drawing the picture, that way someone else won't come in and start fighting the person before you finish the picture.

1,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Perfect idea! i shall have to draw something XD

@LFD: i think its just any-one can join in and do a counter picture to who-ever they want to.

Can it be comic style or does it have to pertain only to the actions of your own character? I guess the latter would be better, to avoid moding...
Are there any limitations to what an avatar's allowed to be creatively or does it really have to pertain to its pixels?

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
OMFG, it's a sticky? How the hell did you do THAT. Do the people of Avatar Battle Royal Guild know of this? Or am I out flying?
@criss, alright, that clarifys things a bit.~♥

@nat, theres a guild based on this idea? wow, I would definatly join O: ~♥
There are some pretty cool sketch artists here!

Kawaii Hunter

Pfft, *kracks knuckles * with all the guys around here, next time i come on with art it is ON~!!
XD

*worries over Nat and Criss and Tugger* ho noez X3
we need to form alliences~!!
LOL

this is going to be bucket loads of fun.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
LFD
@criss, alright, that clarifys things a bit.~♥

@nat, theres a guild based on this idea? wow, I would definatly join O: ~♥

Yep been around forever. It went into the Guilds after threads like this was banned by the mods in the PP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff