Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me? =D

x3 Squee! Yes. 0.10344827586207 10.3% [ 3 ]
I dont even know you O_o 0.58620689655172 58.6% [ 17 ]
Poll whore. 0.31034482758621 31.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
1 2 >

So this boy came into my head somehow, and I just kept running with it.
Surprisingly I didn't use any ref for this, so I'm pretty proud of it.

The shading for the lower half isn't done,
but are there any takers on crits?

User Image
Help, plox?

In a relationship with Dark Rogue Hellord

Vogue Cardholder

it's pretty good. but kinda think the left eye is a little lopsided. =0P
echo of the rose
it's pretty good. but kinda think the left eye is a little lopsided. =0P

Yeah, I'm just now realizing that the eyes are a little off.
O_o
Thanks.
Moar?

Seriously, I'd really appreciate it.
User Image

Hmm I agree on the eye also but... I do not know if it is just me but the hands seem to look a bit strange to me.
They seem a bit short, perhaps lengthen them out a bit more.
Besides that I think that this is a lovely picture. *nod*
Victorian_Vampire
User Image

Hmm I agree on the eye also but... I do not know if it is just me but the hands seem to look a bit strange to me.
They seem a bit short, perhaps lengthen them out a bit more.
Besides that I think that this is a lovely picture. *nod*

Mh hrm.
I do see what you mean.

When I'm done here Ill go back and do touch-ups, make the hands a bit more slender.
It's a lovely picture, but it doesn't look especially asian to me. I think it may be the size of the nose.

Tipsy Raider

:.Jesus, I've never been able to pull off this pose. Ever. Good job.
But, I do have some things to say.
Yes, the left eye as others have said.
The right thumb doesn't really look like a thumb to me. It's either too slender or more... pinkie-ish.
And he doesn't look really... Asian to me. There's definitely some Asian aspects but not fully.
Otherwise, awesome job. Any chance we'll see the finished version soon?.:
Nice shading!!! Assuming, though, that he's resting his head on his hands, his shoulders should be hunched up and his head a little lower. Plus it doesn't come naturally (to me anyways) to rest my head right before my pinkies, if you get what I mean. I tend to rest my head right at the center of my interlocked fingers, so when seen from in front you can see more of my fingers. I don't know though. Maybe this Asian boy is special. :p

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I like the detail that you put into it, especially the hair, very realistic.
I agree with above, his shoulders should be more hunched. I also agree that his hands need some work, but I think above has covered it pretty well 3nodding Mostly, I feel his nose looks a little flat and big for an asian guy. Even from that angle, you can see a person's nostrils, and if you can't their nose is pretty flat. Try searching headshots of asian guys to get an idea of an asian nose shape.
Great job though, I think this drawing has potential

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
not much to criticize, then again i am drunk, but i applaud you. I have a semi-realistic style and for the life of me i CANNOT draw asians at all. I plan to have all "races" in my comic except for asians, no offense, but only because i can't draw them realistically for the life of me.
Huge head is huuge. Looks like a 16 year old's head on a 6 year old body. :+ Also it should be pretty obvious that the face is lop-sided. Look at more references of the face to get a better understanding.

Umm. hints.
space between eyes = 1 eye length across.
Face in totaly = 5 eye lengths, including the 2 you actually draw
Face is as big as your hand
lip corners begin at the center point of the eye
//The hair has like... No form to it. It's a huge compilation of strands but you can't make out the underlying shape of the head.

//Andd Weird pose razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces