Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Entrepreneur

Love is sought after...
Love is found...

Pictures!!

That is my deviant art page. And I was wondering if there are any tips you guys could give me. Or any general comments about any of the pictures. Thanks! It's very appreciated!!

Love is wonderful...
Love can make you drown...

Beloved Entrepreneur

Beloved Entrepreneur

....bump....
User Image

Beloved Entrepreneur

Beloved Entrepreneur

Bump? sweatdrop

Quotable Gawker

4,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Guildmember 100
I love these! I think you would be an amazing digital artist biggrin

Beloved Entrepreneur

Rainbow Candy Rocket
I love these! I think you would be an amazing digital artist biggrin

Aww thank you so much! User Image

Hilarious Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
I do enjoy your art. I used to have an anime style, then I grew out of it. rofl I feel like you have a good hold on anatomy and poses, but sometimes I feel like the eyes are a bit far apart sometimes (in the anime style). Each eye should be one eye apart from the other one. Just look in a mirror and see for yourself--The space between your eyes should be the same distance as one of your own eyes. :3 Also, I feel like if you learned how to apply pencil in a smoother manner, it would look great. This would mean to run across one layer of shading in another direction.
I hope this helps! :3
And, if you wish, you can stop by my page, too! biggrin

Beloved Entrepreneur

Grimm Grimoire
I do enjoy your art. I used to have an anime style, then I grew out of it. rofl I feel like you have a good hold on anatomy and poses, but sometimes I feel like the eyes are a bit far apart sometimes (in the anime style). Each eye should be one eye apart from the other one. Just look in a mirror and see for yourself--The space between your eyes should be the same distance as one of your own eyes. :3 Also, I feel like if you learned how to apply pencil in a smoother manner, it would look great. This would mean to run across one layer of shading in another direction.

Thank you so much!
This is very helpful, I never really thought about how far apart the eyes should be or the shading.
Thanks for the tips! heart

Hilarious Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
xX_angelic_demon
Grimm Grimoire

Thank you so much!
This is very helpful, I never really thought about how far apart the eyes should be or the shading.
Thanks for the tips! heart

You're welcome! biggrin

Fashionable Explorer

Seems like you could really benefit from learning how to understand your characters in 3D, in order to understand how those characters will interact with the light in the picture.

Anime is actually a REALLY bad style for that, because a lot of the simplifications that the artist chose to do really only make perfect sense in that artist's head. I would sincerely advise you to study real life anatomy of the face and then see if you can simplify it into anime forms from there (this will also help you come up with a drawing style that is visually distinct and your own). These sets of tutorials are really, REALLY good. They teach you how to go from manga to realistic, but they can also be applied in reverse.

This understand of how anime bounces off of real life can also help you figure out how to use proportions, since all stylizations are just basically real life proportions put through a distortion lens.

Anyways, it's really good to see that you are trying to draw all kinds of different things! Boys, girls, animals, plants - that's the best way to improve faster, since drawing new things forces you to look at things from a different perspective. Keep that up!

Beloved Entrepreneur

Piperita
Seems like you could really benefit from learning how to understand your characters in 3D, in order to understand how those characters will interact with the light in the picture.

Anime is actually a REALLY bad style for that, because a lot of the simplifications that the artist chose to do really only make perfect sense in that artist's head. I would sincerely advise you to study real life anatomy of the face and then see if you can simplify it into anime forms from there (this will also help you come up with a drawing style that is visually distinct and your own). These sets of tutorials are really, REALLY good. They teach you how to go from manga to realistic, but they can also be applied in reverse.

This understand of how anime bounces off of real life can also help you figure out how to use proportions, since all stylizations are just basically real life proportions put through a distortion lens.

Anyways, it's really good to see that you are trying to draw all kinds of different things! Boys, girls, animals, plants - that's the best way to improve faster, since drawing new things forces you to look at things from a different perspective. Keep that up!

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the tips. I will definitely look at those tutorials. Thanks again! User Image

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
you draw like I did when I first started getting crazy into art n' anime smile , I highly recommend taking a figure drawing class---I know its not anime style but learning to draw figures realistically will help your anime immensely! (alot of colleges or rec.centers offer cheap courses and you'll totally be suprised at how much you improve in a week or two!) Life drawing will totally help with proportion, shading ect and just make your art super all over! Also, learning to draw backgrounds makes such a huge difference (although I totally hated learning because i thought it was BORING)

The more you draw the better you'll get! smile

Beloved Entrepreneur

The Perilous Popsicle
you draw like I did when I first started getting crazy into art n' anime smile , I highly recommend taking a figure drawing class---I know its not anime style but learning to draw figures realistically will help your anime immensely! (alot of colleges or rec.centers offer cheap courses and you'll totally be suprised at how much you improve in a week or two!) Life drawing will totally help with proportion, shading ect and just make your art super all over! Also, learning to draw backgrounds makes such a huge difference (although I totally hated learning because i thought it was BORING)

The more you draw the better you'll get! smile

I've already looked into taking a figure drawing class (since I've basically taught myself everything I know) and hopefully I'll be starting next semester. And with the backgrounds, I know how to draw certain ones, but it always takes too long to do so I never do them.

Thanks so much for the tips! I really appreciate them! heart
NEVER trace.

Practice anatomy. Draw form real life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out