Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I'm not the best painter emotion_facepalm , but I really want to learn to use different media other than pencil on paper or on tablet. It would be awesome to get other artists input and other peoples thoughts! emotion_kirakira

My Neighbor Totoro Acrylic Painting on 7x9" Canvas

User Image

Acrylic Roses on Vinyl Fabric

User Image

Thank you! emotion_yatta

Nerd

Nice, you look like you have a good handle on acrylic already. I'm especially enjoying the way you handled the brush-strokes to create the petals on the roses. It looks like you've mixed all the colours yourself too, and you seem to have a good handle on getting them consistent, if that is the case. Good job!!

I think that doing thumbnail sketches to plan out your paintings will help you. These are just tiny little 30 second sketches to plan out where everything will go on your canvas. This will help you achieve better composition. So the feet on your Totoro won't fall off the bottom again ;¬)

If you need examples on thumbnails just ask and I'll give you some more help. You seem p suited what you're already doing tho! Keep it up!
Sylvester Sly
Nice, you look like you have a good handle on acrylic already. I'm especially enjoying the way you handled the brush-strokes to create the petals on the roses. It looks like you've mixed all the colours yourself too, and you seem to have a good handle on getting them consistent, if that is the case. Good job!!

I think that doing thumbnail sketches to plan out your paintings will help you. These are just tiny little 30 second sketches to plan out where everything will go on your canvas. This will help you achieve better composition. So the feet on your Totoro won't fall off the bottom again ;¬)

If you need examples on thumbnails just ask and I'll give you some more help. You seem p suited what you're already doing tho! Keep it up!

Thank you so much! The roses I painted were actually the first ones I've ever done emotion_facepalm , so it was either going to be a hit or miss but 'm pretty happy the way they turned out since I'm a beginner painter. (p.s. I got really lazy on the leaves, so that's why they look the way they do cat_stressed )

The next time I do paint I shall do the thumbnail sketch xD I was honestly a bit frustrated when the feet got cut off at the bottom cat_sweatdrop .

Star

You could watch Bob Ross's series "The Joy of Painting" to learn different techniques! smile
Sodium for the Soul
You could watch Bob Ross's series "The Joy of Painting" to learn different techniques! smile

I've seen Bob Ross's shows and I swear he's a genius. emotion_kirakira

Star

saolover1323
Sodium for the Soul

I've seen Bob Ross's shows and I swear he's a genius. emotion_kirakira

He is emotion_kirakira
For someone who says they're not the best painter, those are some nicely painted flowers. I think if you work a bit more on the shading and tone they could work alot better. If you made the pettles a bit more gradient it would give them more of curve too. Overall I think they're really good. It you possibly try the same with dye it may come out a little better. love it x
Your technique for painting from the first to the second improved a lot. I think the only thing taking away from the second one is the details on the leaves because the flower is so detailed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff