Welcome to Gaia! ::

ahh not only is this my first post ever in the picture post forum, but this is also my first time using maya ^^; just took a free 3 day program...learning the most basic of the basic (today was day 2)..but i always did catch on quick (and i have used lightwave before..) so i was able to finish a scene already..took me about 3 hours for a fully animated video (roughly 4 seconds..just stewie swimming through water). Actual Modelling took about 1 hour.

Hehe i already know his ears/shape of head is majorly fscked..but ah wellz ^^; what do you all think? Oh and btw, in case you couldn't tell, ish stewie from the Y2K episode where he mutates into a squid thingy XD

User Image
hm? any comments, compliments, critiques or advice at all?
...i guess no one cares much for 3d art here..o.O fair enough..i suppose..*walks away sadly..feeling unloved..sad violin music plays*

^^;
Oh dear, don't feel sad. wink Tis very cute. Yay for Stewie!
I care ^-^
EVIL STEWIE!!!!!! LOL!!!! I like this very much, great job
Bryoni
Oh dear, don't feel sad. wink Tis very cute. Yay for Stewie!

thankies! ^^ hehe me just a bit impatient ^^; and yeah..guess i'm just hyped about learning a new program and all...*can be geeky like that at times* ^^;
Tidus the Great
I care ^-^

yaayz ^^ *feels cared for* biggrin
LoneWolfy
EVIL STEWIE!!!!!! LOL!!!! I like this very much, great job

thank yous ^_^ hehe yesh..me thinking about making a whole army of them like in the eppie (huzzah for duplicate command!) biggrin
Neat, Though there is segmentation. But, with you being a begginner with Maya it would be wrong to judge it.

I use Lightwave. have for almost 2 years now. Ive thought of modeling Family guy characters for a long time but never have. It wouldent be hard to make them look like on the show because the 3d things for the show are done in lightwave.

Well, Good luck with your learning experiance. biggrin

Invisible Regular

Hehe, that's awesome.
TheWharGoul
Neat, Though there is segmentation. But, with you being a begginner with Maya it would be wrong to judge it.

I use Lightwave. have for almost 2 years now. Ive thought of modeling Family guy characters for a long time but never have. It wouldent be hard to make them look like on the show because the 3d things for the show are done in lightwave.

beginner or not, critiques and advice still helps a lot ^^ thank you for all the comments and the luck ^_^

and..lightwave? seriously? i didn't think anyone used it ^^; hehe figured my teacher was full of it when he said it was used in movies a lot. I've been using it for roughly the same amount of time..but still not a lot ^^; i never really did get into it...i just know my way around sort of...i was thinking on doing some projects on my own during the summer.
Rally_Pchan
Hehe, that's awesome.

thank yous ^__^
CrAze
TheWharGoul

beginner or not, critiques and advice still helps a lot ^^ thank you for all the comments and the luck ^_^

and..lightwave? seriously? i didn't think anyone used it ^^; hehe figured my teacher was full of it when he said it was used in movies a lot. I've been using it for roughly the same amount of time..but still not a lot ^^; i never really did get into it...i just know my way around sort of...i was thinking on doing some projects on my own during the summer.

Lightwave is used to make a lot of shows and movies.
As I know these forums are more anime based so ill name some of the anime's lightwave was used to make.

Animatrix
Blood: The Last Vampire
Blue Submarine Number Six
End of Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Project
Gun Twenty
Metropolis
Panzer Dragoon
Sakura Taisen
Final Fantasy..

For the full list of movies games etc got to http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/product/projects_list.html

Anyway, If you had modeled it in LW i would be able to help you out, But. I am not knowlegable with Maya..
TheWharGoul
CrAze
TheWharGoul

Lightwave is used to make a lot of shows and movies.
As I know these forums are more anime based so ill name some of the anime's lightwave was used to make.

Animatrix
Blood: The Last Vampire
Blue Submarine Number Six
End of Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Project
Gun Twenty
Metropolis
Panzer Dragoon
Sakura Taisen
Final Fantasy..

For the full list of movies games etc got to http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/product/projects_list.html

Anyway, If you had modeled it in LW i would be able to help you out, But. I am not knowlegable with Maya..

wow..thanks for the info ^^ *really appreiciates it* cuz yeah...i talked with quite a few people from different colleges or people in the industry..watched some behind the scenes type stuff..and lightwave never comes up..its usually maya, 3d studio max (for older stuff..) and there were these other ones which names i forgot ^^;

i have lightwave on my home computer (not the newest one though...not sure what version...) i might try some modelling on that...for my school projects i usually found models and just modified or changed textures (i procrastinated a lot ^^; so i'm sure you could imagine trying to come up with a full short animation complete with sound and everything within 1 or 2 weeks)

those are the only 2 3d programs i used (well..then again..there was Vue...and i think some program called swift or something...but vue isn't really for animation and the other one i used was only for an hour or so at work XD) but yeah..i find maya a LOT easier to use than lightwave...well..except for the keyframes o.O lightwaves easier to animate (granted that your good at rigging up bones and stuff) but maya was definately easier to model in...at least that's what i thought.

EDIT: oh yeah..come to think of it...i do remember seeing a behind the scenes type deal on the final fantasy movie and recognizing the lightwave interface..i wasn't totally sure though..i thought it might have been something similar but different ^^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff