Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I've posted a low-poly version of this before, but I wanna know your thoughts on this ZBrush-edited model.

Yes, I used a different anatomy for the model. I didn't want to make an exact copy of it; that would be boring.

User Image

Idk how to render s**t. Sorry for the low quality.

Friendly Shapeshifter

its really cool! the fire elements look pretty lame tho. like smudge tool and lame effects xd

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
huge dork
its really cool! the fire elements look pretty lame tho. like smudge tool and lame effects xd
Yeah I know. I tried to make dynamic fire on Maya but I failed miserably. The fire was intended to be modeled with polygons as well but I had a deadline. I may fix it in the future. Thanks!

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200

⌠☆ミ⌡

Maybe you can use Photoshop for effects? I like the model but I can't tell what the purple glowing is supposed to be. sad

⌠☆ミ⌡

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
YuukiPinkuu

⌠☆ミ⌡

Maybe you can use Photoshop for effects? I like the model but I can't tell what the purple glowing is supposed to be. sad

⌠☆ミ⌡
I should just get rid of that. It wasn't supposed to be like that but I had a deadline.
I don't like it myself...

Friendly Phantom

Have you ever tried paint effects in maya? You can literally take the brush, click and have fire appear, and convert that to polygons for your editing pleasure. Or you can leave it and it will animate itself.

The model looks pretty good, but the pose is awkward. It's hard to tell what's going on with the anatomical left arm because visually it overlaps so much that I thought it was all scarf and just armless before. When you render things, really pay attention to the silhouette- make sure that it's obvious what each limb is and what they are doing.

Other than that, the purple on the model itself (not the fire effects) looks sloppy and rushed. Try applying a purple lambert to those faces, so it looks less sloppily drawn-over.

Also, if you want to get into cool fire effects, Houdini is the best program to use, but that's expensive. I forget if they have a free version.

I'm really glad there are some 3D artists on here!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff