Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Exhibitionist

14,875 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I'm trying to figure out if paintings sell on gaia atm, and if so how much. Not a lot of examples out there... might have to stick around here for a while.

14,875 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Oh my, another thread murdered...
Cartesian Theater
rofl you monster! you killed my thread!

No need to stalk my auction, just make a temp shop or your own auction and see how people react. Best way to find out is to just start, right? If it's pricing that's confusing you (if you're unsure of supply/demand strength for your style) let people offer their own price. They'll be happy to do it. Px You can set a minimum offer, too.
Thanks for dropping in here, though, and best of luck if you do decide to give it a shot~ heart
Cartesian Theater
I'm trying to figure out if paintings sell on gaia atm, and if so how much. Not a lot of examples out there... might have to stick around here for a while.
Painted styles and realism is generally worth more, IMO. You see less artists using that style, and for me when I see an artist that has talent I generally will jump on the opportunity as an art collector. Like this auction, for example cool

14,875 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
ginger who is green
Cartesian Theater
rofl you monster! you killed my thread!

No need to stalk my auction, just make a temp shop or your own auction and see how people react. Best way to find out is to just start, right? If it's pricing that's confusing you (if you're unsure of supply/demand strength for your style) let people offer their own price. They'll be happy to do it. Px You can set a minimum offer, too.
Thanks for dropping in here, though, and best of luck if you do decide to give it a shot~ heart

I've gone that rout before; there just isn't enough demand for high quality painting, and I honestly don't have the time right now to do more than one per week. Thanks for the help though. (:

14,875 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Militaria
Cartesian Theater
Painted styles and realism is generally worth more, IMO. You see less artists using that style, and for me when I see an artist that has talent I generally will jump on the opportunity as an art collector. Like this auction, for example cool

Worth more than what? The same thing in a popular anime style would take half as long as cost generally 2-3 times as much. Though it does change sometimes with trends.
Cartesian Theater
Militaria
Cartesian Theater

Worth more than what? The same thing in a popular anime style would take half as long as cost generally 2-3 times as much. Though it does change sometimes with trends.
I did mean than anime/chibi stylings. The demand for painting is there, smaller, but willing to pay for a piece that would be more unique. I suggest opening a 1-slot bribe shop, being able to take a few orders before deciding which one you'd take. It's a good way to see what your art is worth without the lowballers hoping to score quality art for cheap prices as well as getting some art followers that'll help your future auctions [such as they'll stay around to see if their character will be picked, ect]

14,875 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Militaria
I did mean than anime/chibi stylings. The demand for painting is there, smaller, but willing to pay for a piece that would be more unique. I suggest opening a 1-slot bribe shop, being able to take a few orders before deciding which one you'd take. It's a good way to see what your art is worth without the lowballers hoping to score quality art for cheap prices as well as getting some art followers that'll help your future auctions

That's an interesting idea, thanks. (: I might actually try that.
Cartesian Theater
Militaria
I did mean than anime/chibi stylings. The demand for painting is there, smaller, but willing to pay for a piece that would be more unique. I suggest opening a 1-slot bribe shop, being able to take a few orders before deciding which one you'd take. It's a good way to see what your art is worth without the lowballers hoping to score quality art for cheap prices as well as getting some art followers that'll help your future auctions

That's an interesting idea, thanks. (: I might actually try that.
If you do, PM me if you don't mind. I'd love to see how it goes 3nodding

14,875 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Militaria
If you do, PM me if you don't mind. I'd love to see how it goes 3nodding

Will do. (:
5 mil please!
Your art is amazing, I'm pretty confident you will rake in a pretty penny, even if more stylized art is more popular.

People know good art when they see it, and you most certainly have that.
@Lovelace; updated. Thanks for bidding! <3

@Veih; thank you so much ;-; I've found that to be pretty true.. it's easy to get angry when you see another chibi auction going for 10mil, but I've done well doing my stuff, too. You just have to a find a balance that gives people a nice product but still works with your artistic growth.
A lot of the time with those auctions with that high of a HB is because the artist has a reputation 3nodding

Fashionable Tycoon

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
Very true. *points up*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers