Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
I'm sorry, I'm so picky...you'll get more than what I won with because I am so picky and you're being so nice about it...heh. I'd really like it to show the importance of Displace Me and the purpose behind it even if it's just a little bit of the message...sorry.

Hmm, well what aspects would the experience offer to those involved?

Well, we are "leaving our homes to bring them home"...We want the US gov't to be pressured to stop the war/genocide in Northern Uganda. People that live in these displacement camps are dying quickly...no sanitary water, food, shelter, or air. There are thousands living so close to eachother and there's no healthcare...when someone gets sick they die and many get sick from others...it's horrible and sad. We're leaving our homes for less than a day to be noticed...we'll be really close to the capitol and we'll have to be noticed...it's for all the children. We'll build our own shelters with cardboard, have very little food, hear testimonies, and write to petition our gov't to stop ignoring the genocide and to talk to the leaders of Uganda urging them to end the war.

Hmm, well honestly, that would require a lot more than a single yonkoma to get across, but I can understand your desire. Which of the ideas would you think would best present that?
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
I'm sorry, I'm so picky...you'll get more than what I won with because I am so picky and you're being so nice about it...heh. I'd really like it to show the importance of Displace Me and the purpose behind it even if it's just a little bit of the message...sorry.

Well, we are "leaving our homes to bring them home"...We want the US gov't to be pressured to stop the war/genocide in Northern Uganda. People that live in these displacement camps are dying quickly...no sanitary water, food, shelter, or air. There are thousands living so close to eachother and there's no healthcare...when someone gets sick they die and many get sick from others...it's horrible and sad. We're leaving our homes for less than a day to be noticed...we'll be really close to the capitol and we'll have to be noticed...it's for all the children. We'll build our own shelters with cardboard, have very little food, hear testimonies, and write to petition our gov't to stop ignoring the genocide and to talk to the leaders of Uganda urging them to end the war.

Hmm, well honestly, that would require a lot more than a single yonkoma to get across, but I can understand your desire. Which of the ideas would you think would best present that?

Heh...yeah, I know...hmmm...Well as long as there's something about ending the genocide in Northern Uganda and bringing them home...that'll be fine...I mean they could be talking a bit about it...or maybe with the bug slap one...hmm...I don't know...honestly...I want humor in it but I want some of the purpose to be shown...hmmm.

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

Heh...yeah, I know...hmmm...Well as long as there's something about ending the genocide in Northern Uganda and bringing them home...that'll be fine...I mean they could be talking a bit about it...or maybe with the bug slap one...hmm...I don't know...honestly...I want humor in it but I want some of the purpose to be shown...hmmm.

Well as I said before, only so much can be done in one yonkoma. Which of the strips would you feel best portray the experiences both the people there and those in Uganda face? Would you want the character in the main full body of the piece to be carrying a sign of some sort?
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

Well as I said before, only so much can be done in one yonkoma. Which of the strips would you feel best portray the experiences both the people there and those in Uganda face? Would you want the character in the main full body of the piece to be carrying a sign of some sort?

I know...I'm really sorry...let me think...maybe the second idea you had...about the pamphlet one...maybe they could be carrying one of the posters...or holding one of the flags...We could maybe have the pamphlet stuff and the maroon X oopsie...does that make sense? Sorry...like maybe while the friends are waiting for the person to paint their X they could say something about the cause...?

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

I know...I'm really sorry...let me think...maybe the second idea you had...about the pamphlet one...maybe they could be carrying one of the posters...or holding one of the flags...We could maybe have the pamphlet stuff and the maroon X oopsie...does that make sense? Sorry...like maybe while the friends are waiting for the person to paint their X they could say something about the cause...?
To do the cause complete justice, would need much than 4 panels, and one page. But lt's take a look at the revision you have in mind.

Hmm...lessee here...this idea would take place as the main person of the panel decides she wants to go to Displace Me. In the first panel, we see her on her flight, saying, "This is it, I'm going to do everything I can to help stop the Ugandan war" as she reads through the informational pamphlet.

On the second panel, we should see a look of determination on her face, as one of her friends says, "And with hundreds of others there with us, I know we'll have a voice the Gov't can't ignore."

In the next panel we should see her other friend saying, "Well I don't think the hundreds of others will be marching in with maroon X's on their shirts"

In the last panel, she should shoot her an irritated glance, as she says,
"Shut it. I made this on short notice."
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

To do the cause complete justice, would need much than 4 panels, and one page. But lt's take a look at the revision you have in mind.

Hmm...lessee here...this idea would take place as the main person of the panel decides she wants to go to Displace Me. In the first panel, we see her on her flight, saying, "This is it, I'm going to do everything I can to help stop the Ugandan war" as she reads through the informational pamphlet.

On the second panel, we should see a look of determination on her face, as one of her friends says, "And with hundreds of others there with us, I know we'll have a voice the Gov't can't ignore."

In the next panel we should see her other friend saying, "Well I don't think the hundreds of others will be marching in with maroon X's on their shirts"

I like it! Except we know it's not a flight and we're not marching....I LOVE IT! heart

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

To do the cause complete justice, would need much than 4 panels, and one page. But let's take a look at the revision you have in mind.

I like it! Except we know it's not a flight and we're not marching....I LOVE IT! heart

Alright, so is this the one you wish to see become a comic?
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

To do the cause complete justice, would need much than 4 panels, and one page. But let's take a look at the revision you have in mind.

Yes. I think that this is the one...if they all are holding pictures of themselves with red "x"'s on their shirts then the idea will be complete..I really like this one...just those few little details and then it's wonderful.

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

Yes. I think that this is the one...if they all are holding pictures of themselves with red "x"'s on their shirts then the idea will be complete..I really like this one...just those few little details and then it's wonderful.

Alright, let's go through the page, part for part and panel for panel:

PersoComic main full body: The main character holding a sign saying "Stop the war!", wearing a tattered white shirt with a maroon X across it and having a determined look on her face

Panel 1: She would be riding in the backseat of the car, reading the pamphlet in her hands, as she says, "This is it, I'm going to do everything I can to help stop the Ugandan war"

Panel 2: The camera should then look up, to see a look of determination on her face, as one of her offscreen friends say, "And with hundreds of others there with us, I know we'll have a voice the Gov't can't ignore."

Panel 3: Shifting to the friend sitting directly beside her, she should be holding up a picture of herself in a red X'ed shirt and tapping it, as she says, "Well I don't think the hundreds of others will have maroon X's on their shirts"

Panel 4: Both her and her friend should now be in full view(meaning we can see the shirt in question on her), as she shoots her an irritated glance, and says, "Shut it. I made this on short notice."
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

PersoComic main full body: The main character holding a sign saying "Stop the war!", wearing a tattered white shirt with a maroon X across it and having a determined look on her face

Panel 1: She would be riding in the backseat of the car, reading the pamphlet in her hands, as she says, "This is it, I'm going to do everything I can to help stop the Ugandan war"

Panel 2: The camera should then look up, to see a look of determination on her face, as one of her offscreen friends say, "And with hundreds of others there with us, I know we'll have a voice the Gov't can't ignore."

Panel 3: Shifting to the friend sitting directly beside her, she should be holding up a picture of herself in a red X'ed shirt and tapping it, as she says, "Well I don't think the hundreds of others will have maroon X's on their shirts"

Panel 4: Both her and her friend should now be in full view(meaning we can see the shirt in question on her), as she shoots her an irritated glance, and says, "Shut it. I made this on short notice."

Sounds good...except I don't like "Shut it." How about "Hush"? I use that more. And the sign would be a poster that read, "Every war has an end"...just like on the website.

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

Sounds good...except I don't like "Shut it." How about "Hush"? I use that more. And the sign would be a poster that read, "Every war has an end"...just like on the website.

PersoComic main full body: The main character holding a sign saying "Every war has an end...", wearing a tattered white shirt with a maroon X across it and having a determined look on her face

Panel 4: Both her and her friend should now be in full view(meaning we can see the shirt in question on her), as she shoots her an irritated glance, and says, "Hush up. I made this on short notice."

Better?
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

PersoComic main full body: The main character holding a sign saying "Every war has an end...", wearing a tattered white shirt with a maroon X across it and having a determined look on her face

Panel 4: Both her and her friend should now be in full view(meaning we can see the shirt in question on her), as she shoots her an irritated glance, and says, "Hush up. I made this on short notice."

Better?

Yes...hmmm...only it's Northern Uganda...so, "to stop the war in Northern Uganda."....sorry...that's it! The rest is great!

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

Panel 1: She would be riding in the backseat of the car, reading the pamphlet in her hands, as she says, "This is it, I'm going to do everything I can to help stop the war in Northern Uganda"

Better?

Yes...hmmm...only it's Northern Uganda...so, "to stop the war in Northern Uganda."....sorry...that's it! The rest is great!

Alright, now do you have references, so I can pass this on to the artist?
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2
Koiyuki
schwthrt2

Panel 1: She would be riding in the backseat of the car, reading the pamphlet in her hands, as she says, "This is it, I'm going to do everything I can to help stop the war in Northern Uganda"

Better?

Alright, now do you have references, so I can pass this on to the artist?

Yes, I'll post them tonight...I just have to go to church now so I'll be back later.

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
*waits on references*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers