Dapper Conversationalist

7,100 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

Magical Dark Elf

HeaffyMoo

Haha thanks (:
Yeah, I agree completely and it's really frustrating =~= the people who draw fan-art the most are incredibly popular no matter their art skill and they end up getting so many commissions and such. I've seen some absolutely amazing artists that have hardly any watchers because they draw what they want to draw and not what everyone wants them to xD But, I've also seen people exploit the llama badge system in order to get page views and watchers. I don't understand why though, and it seems like a big waste of time to spend more of your time giving out llamas rather than drawing xD
Also, about the not being nice to watchers thing, that drives me crazy xD I'm certainly not popular on deviantart, but even so, it's not that hard to respond to people. xD Or it really bothers me when they'll only respond to their friends but will ignore everyone else. urghhh

This one person draws Pokemon all the time and they get an insane amount of views for their work and people commission them often. I'm pretty sure though that some of their drawings are heavily referenced from the anime though, there was one commission they did of someone's Pokemon OC and I could've sworn I've seen that exact pose for that Pokemon before.
I can understand with the people who have fan-characters that they must like it when they get art of their character in the style of the show, because it makes their character seems offical in a way, but if the artist is just going to eyeball the original art and change it's colors/add an accessory or two.. I 1 don't think they should be getting commissioned for that and 2 don't see why people would want to commission them for that. Go to the other people who draw Pokemon who don't copy screenshots. (This doesn't reflect the people who draw in a specific anime-style and actually draw their work from scratch, just the people who eyeball/trace/reference wayyy too much for a commission.)
I can understand if the person is extremely popular and they get tons of the "cool", "nice", "kawaii desu ne" comments that they don't want to respond to every single one, but when someone says something not generic or puts time into their comment I think the artist should try to take the time to write back. Or if someone asks a question, it annoys me so much when they don't answer questions.

Dapper Conversationalist

7,100 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

Dapper Conversationalist

7,100 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200

Questionable Man-Lover

7,350 Points