Welcome to Gaia! ::

by the way, to prove this isnt spam, this is the only thread i posted this in haha and i do agree, there are some truly vile and mediocre drawings/paintings on here. However some of them are AMAZING... I can't compete haha mrgreen
Well, I'm a beginner and I don't think I'm the very best, in fact, I do know that I need all the help I can get and that's why I post my drawings in Art Arena, to get some advice and I'm not asking for high ratings but I do like drawing and I like to take pride into it by submitting them and about the spotlights, well I don't ask to be on the spotlight, I know there are tons of better artist in out there but if Art Arena puts me in there, well I don't know what to say, but the thing that really pisses me off is when an art thief gets the spotlight while he stole a person's art work and took credit for it stressed Well that's about it I got to say, if you're interested click on the link under my sig to check out some of my work ( 100+ submissions )
Yes, there is a lot of random arts in the spotlight, I think they are all new art post that were high rated at first. Yeah... you used to see all cool and pro drawings at the spotlight, but now you need to find it yourself, hahaha.
I know D: tiss so ANNOYING D<
Oh yeah the high rated pics... gonk Dieded

9,475 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
but people that cant draw so well wanted 2 show what they can 2...
but its true
I hate random spotlight thingys >< I got in the spotlight once but my art is crappy
Well... there's sort of pros and cons:

Pros - I think that there are a lot of young (I mean, young teens or younger) beginning artists on Gaia who feel a little intimated about posting their art in an arena where it's critiqued, so I think what they're trying to do is maybe... give them a little self confidence? Try to make them feel good about their art and themselves by featuring them once? You know, let the under dog have a chance to shine now and then. >3<

Cons- There IS a lot of amazing art in arena, and it is a little sad that it's not featured and not made easy to find.

Well... that's just my take on it. D:
Everyone has a right to post their pictures and get crits, don't say mean things like "Beginners shouldn't post anything".

I don't know how this spotlight thing works, is it based on rating or # of ratings?
That random spotlight thing sounds kind of broken!

Heres Mr.Green mrgreen
A person's artwork is not stupid, lame, ugly, nor a waste of time. A person's artwork is still art, whether you like it or not. I mean, would you like it if a
person tore down your drawings by saying horrible things about them? Hopefully, not, because it is not a good feeling.
Here's an personal example:
Last year, at an Art Club meeting, the teacher asked the members to design the T-shirt. Knowing me, I was all on it. So, a few days later, I turned my design in and it won. My design was going to be on the front and the other winner, the back. A couple of weeks later when the shirts came in, I was soo happy^^ The shirts looked awesome. So, I took it to class and my classmate started saying horrible things about my design. Did it hurt me feelings? No. Did I get upset? No, because I was respecting his opinion. Overall, I was disappointed because of the fact he was honestly acting like an immature kid and he is so much better than what he protrayed. I mean, treat others the way you would like to be treated at all times. Giving your opinion about something shouldn't be negative. *sigh* But to each their own. I, myself, have a few drawings in the arena and I would love for you guys to check 'em out, rate and comment^^
~KAY~
Greater Smasher
That random spotlight thing sounds kind of broken!

Heres Mr.Green mrgreen

i agree
I will upload a drawing of a smiley face later this week.

Be sure to give me a 5/5.

I need the money. I will try to sell Gaia gold for irl money.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Gosh, people here are way too idealistic. Just cause someone posts a picture doesn't mean they're going to get 'crits'; so a n00b getting spotlight had better be prepared for some very very harsh flames which could be very discouraging, especially to a beginner.

Arena is still ******** up anyhow. It'd be lovely if they would fix the old, permanently 5-star rated drawings which take up the entire 'Top Rated' drawing section. If they can't give them the actual score they used to have, just remove them or something. rolleyes It's no good just leaving it bugged like that.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces