Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Fatcat

they have really sucky artwork being spotlighted. no offense to the good ones.....but seriously....there are soo many good artists posting artwork...and the stupid lame ones get stuck under spotlight while well deserved artwork gets lost in the oblivion of the arena's. it's rather annoying..and sad at the same time.....
The spotlight stopped spotlighting the highest voted pictures a week ago for some reason. -shrug-

Tiny Kitten

daww yea it's been annoying 2 >.>

Friendly Fatcat

well that's really retarded....

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
I thought it was a sort of random recycle thing 0_o
What is it based on?
What happened to the number rating system? it was easy to find the top artists. Are we awarding mediocrity now?
Especially that big skull deal...wtf right
Yes.. Why is that..?

9,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Jenova4
What happened to the number rating system? it was easy to find the top artists. Are we awarding mediocrity now?

well there's this now:
http://gaiaonline.com/arena/top-rated/n:photography/

NatiStorm 's King

Most of the art on there is terrible.

I mean, if you're a beginner don't put it up there! How dumb. But they think they are the best thing ever.
It used to be the glorious works were always in the spotlight -because they deserved it!
Psssh. Please. The top rated artists didn't always get there because they deserved it. There used to be a lot of people who would have their friends uprate their work even if it wasn't worth it. Totally stacked the odds in their favor.

It's good that more people get a chance to be seen.
Cross De Aubigne
Most of the art on there is terrible.

I mean, if you're a beginner don't put it up there! How dumb. But they think they are the best thing ever.
It used to be the glorious works were always in the spotlight -because they deserved it!

TT That is a horrendus comment.
Beginners need critique. They'll never get any better.
They can put it up if they want to. If they can't take the critique then no, they shouldn't put it up there.

But half the time people on there are being judged not by talent but my subject material which is digusting within itself.

And even some of the 'glorious' works you talk of aren't that great compared to what i've seen around the site on places like the art freebies.
Wind up Boy Toy Karma

TT That is a horrendus comment.
Beginners need critique. They'll never get any better.
They can put it up if they want to. If they can't take the critique then no, they shouldn't put it up there.

But half the time people on there are being judged not by talent but my subject material which is digusting within itself.

And even some of the 'glorious' works you talk of aren't that great compared to what i've seen around the site on places like the art freebies.

yup..
do agree...
you never become expert from the moment you start, rite??.. sweatdrop
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lol, I'm not really sure what they are doing to arena at the moment. There appears to be a link to the top rated pics underneath the spotlight; but the other day they merged the old arena into the new one, and all of the 'old arena' drawings have a permanent perfect 10 score and take up the entire top rated section. xD; in reality they should have just halved the 'out of ten' score to fit the new rating system.. I guess they failed. o.o

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
i dont mean to spam or nuthin, but I'm new to Gaia and I think some of you might like my artwork. I only have one picture submitted thus far but you can expect more biggrin

http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/art/painting-and-drawing/vote/?entry_id=100825479#title

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff