Welcome to Gaia! ::

idk if this happened to all your computers but page2 was mixed up 0.o on my computr xP
violin-melody
Really it's not bad. Pretty good! I've got only...well, maybe 2 suggestions. #1, I think u need to give the head a little more shape, figure u could say. It's kind-of too circlish in my opinion. Oh, and what that first person said about how he thought ur drawing sucked...he's wrong. WRONG. One of my fav parts of ur pic is the hair! 3nodding Altho I think you might want to add, um..whats the word? volume? well, I think u need to shape, not shape but, (hopefully this isn't confusing you). Let me start over. Ur person is turning her head, so I think the hair should be following the motion. It just looks, frozen to me. That's all. And that's pretty much it. Oh, and the thing about practicing drawing, well, see, i've been drawing for 2-3 three years. Practice is the logical thing to do, but sometimes just looking at pics and sometimes even reading and seeing, like, manga, is a good thing to do. That's just me tho. And my opinion. I hope it helps you! And I hope I didn't offend u because i meant this in the most positive way! >.<
Keep on drawing! xd

wow, I like your sig, did you draw it? oh and I need some opinion on my latest entry "The Light That Saved Me", here's the link
http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/gallery/?uid=14841902 User Image Merry Christmas everyone!
pandah20
I'm only 11 and I draw way better than that.

rolleyes

OP, that's not bad if you're just starting out. A nice way to get better is to practice drawing from photographs. Just take any magazines you may have at home and eyeball the photos - don't trace! - they're going to look pretty awful at first, but keep at it and you'll get better.

If you can, ask your parents to buy you a book called "The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain", by Betty Edwards. It's a really fantastic book. Try to do all the exercises and you'll see some real progress, I promise you. Once you learn to draw real people, drawing anime will be easy and much more fun - and your drawings will turn out much better, too. 3nodding
I agree with what most have said. When people critique, try to take some advice from those and use it. Its good to love your work and be confident in what you draw.
I, myself, am an artist but i dont take any form of art class.
One thing to keep in mind is, is if your not ready to take in "slams" and rude comments about art work, then ya' probably shouldnt post your drawings.

Advice wise:
try putting more detail into the hair.
shading also helps.
if you go to borders or any other book store your bound to find books about drawing which would help you alot if you want professional advice.

keep working! and youll get to level at which you want to be at!
:]
I GOTTA BAMBOO T@BLET!!
Thank you all for the advice.

Senpai Lee's Waifu

Sparkly Genius

Oooo! It's cute. You just have to improve more, but still, great job. biggrin
hahaha xd Nice
pandah20
...not everyone has to like it!!!
sheesh!!
you said to be honest.
psh u just want good comments and it sucks!!

Listen GUY, I'm in art school and we say that critiquing is its own art and you just EPIC PHAILED at it biggrin WAY TO GO! Of course you dont have to like it but at least learn the difference between critiquing and ripping xP
Assassin_empress
What do you think of my drawing, please be fair, I`m only 13.
User ImageSo, ya.... I`m 13 and I don`t go to an art school or take art in/out of school, so what do you think of it, off my age/grade level of course.

what can I inprove on? What do you think is good?

I really like it actually. It definitly shows alot of your own stylization and you hand is very fine with detail :3 My only suggestion is if there is a way to make the image bigger so I can give you any other suggestions XD lol that would be very nice. Other than that, great work on it smile OH, and for the hair, if you want to step it up just a notch, you can venture into the idea of perhaps showing a lil glare in the hair. Like showing lights and darks and such to make your picture more tonal, but thats just something to think about surprised you dont HAVE to do it and perhaps you could also think about a background of some nature. They usually help the image pop out a lil more and be much more striking to the eye especially if its very detailed in the background (all depends on the contrast). But great work so far! Its coming along very nicely ^-^
Unchi-tan
pandah20
I'm only 11 and I draw way better than that.

rolleyes

OP, that's not bad if you're just starting out. A nice way to get better is to practice drawing from photographs. Just take any magazines you may have at home and eyeball the photos - don't trace! - they're going to look pretty awful at first, but keep at it and you'll get better.

If you can, ask your parents to buy you a book called "The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain", by Betty Edwards. It's a really fantastic book. Try to do all the exercises and you'll see some real progress, I promise you. Once you learn to draw real people, drawing anime will be easy and much more fun - and your drawings will turn out much better, too. 3nodding

DRAWING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN IS THE BEST BOOK EVER <3 biggrin I had to use it in art school xD its really helpful actually. Betty Edwards <3 that wonderful nerd of an artist.
Yume Wolf
pandah20
...not everyone has to like it!!!
sheesh!!
you said to be honest.
psh u just want good comments and it sucks!!

Listen GUY, I'm in art school and we say that critiquing is its own art and you just EPIC PHAILED at it biggrin WAY TO GO! Of course you dont have to like it but at least learn the difference between critiquing and ripping xP

oooh I'm scared!!
ur in art school! blaugh
it looks good for a begginer 3nodding
My cousin taught me how to draw anime when I was 11, now I'm 12 and (in my opinion) I am really good.
So, my advice: practice exclaim
Thats how everybody improves.
The eyes are okay 3nodding The hair takes up most of the space but other than that, good job.
vampenguin05
it looks good for a begginer 3nodding
My cousin taught me how to draw anime when I was 11, now I'm 12 and (in my opinion) I am really good.
So, my advice: practice exclaim
Thats how everybody improves.
The eyes are okay 3nodding The hair takes up most of the space but other than that, good job.

I agree^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces