Photography 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
1 2 >

8,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Welcome!

Discuss your favorite artists/photographers in the arenas, or favorite entries.
You can also send me your name and i'll choose one person a week to be the featured artist on this topic!

Rules

• Be kind to everyone, any arguments should be dropped and you can just ignore the other person
• Do not insult others artwork. Critique them instead

To start off this topic, talk about some of the questions below.

Whats your biggest pet peeve in the arenas?
Where do you draw the line between photography and a picture?
If you are part of the arenas, why do you choose to do what you do?
What is your favorite style of art or photography?

there is also a guild i co-own that has to do with art in the arenas. click here to go there!

8,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Gallery of the Week

iiSydd's Gallery (photographer)

Next winner- April 21

8,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100

8,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100

Questionable Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
My favorite style of art is studying how people draw eyes. To me, they are the most fascinating part of the whole picture because they carry the weight of the entire tone of the image.

8,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Cidrias
My favorite style of art is studying how people draw eyes. To me, they are the most fascinating part of the whole picture because they carry the weight of the entire tone of the image.

i definately agree! even in photography, the eyes can be the most important part. i think its where to most emotion is shown.

Questionable Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
That, and the little crease along the top of the eye. Even if you have it shaded perfectly, it still doesn't have the full impact without that tiny line. It's so interesting how something so seemingly insignificant can have a much merit in the finished product.

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
http://jasongarmendezartwork.weebly.com

He's my favorite.. You all should show some love please.!! <x) his work deserves to be seen.

8,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Tails4evr12
http://jasongarmendezartwork.weebly.com

He's my favorite.. You all should show some love please.!! <x) his work deserves to be seen.

he has very nice work but to be considered a winner it has to be a gaia account gallery!
dude, the first gallery has pictures of babies and animals at the zoo in it. this is so not art, this is someone's family album.

8,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Okimiyage
dude, the first gallery has pictures of babies and animals at the zoo in it. this is so not art, this is someone's family album.

That was the most ignorant thing i've ever heard.

before you attempt to critisize someone , please know what you're talking about, especially since your gallery is drawings, not photography.

I dont think you are the all knowing art god, so you cannot say whether something is or is not art. That album is mine, and it is not a "family album" , since it's not family at all. it's my portfolio. I didnt pay over a thousand dollars on my camera to be told i take family pictures, especially when i get paid for my work. Not to mention, most of these photos were taken for my photography class, which i get an art credit for.

So please, tell me how this [here], one of the most famous pictures of people, is not art. or these [here] arent art, just because its not abstract of a non-living thing.

Art is something someone is passionate about, as you can tell i am because that ignorant comment set me off. It also has many different categories, and mine just happens to be live subjects. go critisize the people who upload self portrait phone pictures of themselves expecting to be called Picaso.

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Okimiyage

I know, I apologize, but he is a Gaia member.!! smile I'll submit it soon.

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Okimiyage

8,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Tails4evr12

awesome! thats alright biggrin

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Next week there will be a bunch more drawings. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers