5,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
take it easy on me kay? sweatdrop sweatdrop

here you go

User Image

I'm sorry about putting my name and the date on his neck ^^;;
i don't want people to steal or use it without my permission.

tools: PaintToolSAI

Hygenic Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hygenic Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hygenic Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hygenic Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hygenic Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
please rate it from 1-5

Desirable Noob

9,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
awsome 5/5 biggrin
+Like!

Dapper Duelist

8,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star
I honestly would have given it a 5/5, however my OCD and nit-picky self prevented me from doing so for a few reasons:
I feel like the shadow beneath the hairline could be a little more defined, and by that I mean just a smidgen bigger. This same shadow also seems to be missing on the far left (man in the picture's right) side of the face, specifically next to the eye.
I think it would look even cooler if the hair had just a few individually defined strands, created by simply adding a few darker curves and then matching lighter curves over top of them (if you're using a software such as GIMP, this is very easy when using the burn and then dodge tools. Idk if those are on PaintToolSAI, but they are very helpful). Again, just a few strands, not all of his hair.
I feel like I should say something about the eyebrows too... but I can't seem to decide what :/ They're shape and placement are spot-on, but idk if it's the way they're coloured or thier lack of texture or what confused

Other than that, I think it looks very well-made smile Especially the eyes. The irises are perfect. The dark line drawn around their edges really made them pop. I would say this dark line would have looked even better if it was brown instead of green, but since I'm slightly colorblind I won't trust myself to make that critique. cat_sweatdrop The flat, cat-like nose was a nice touch as well to go with the ears. Apart from everything else, the only thing that could make it better would be if you made it a full-body picture (and clothed him emotion_awesome ) so that we could see more of your skills! biggrin You're talented - no doubt about it.

Hygenic Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
D4RK_L1NK5rebellion
gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star
I honestly would have given it a 5/5, however my OCD and nit-picky self prevented me from doing so for a few reasons:
I feel like the shadow beneath the hairline could be a little more defined, and by that I mean just a smidgen bigger. This same shadow also seems to be missing on the far left (man in the picture's right) side of the face, specifically next to the eye.
I think it would look even cooler if the hair had just a few individually defined strands, created by simply adding a few darker curves and then matching lighter curves over top of them (if you're using a software such as GIMP, this is very easy when using the burn and then dodge tools. Idk if those are on PaintToolSAI, but they are very helpful). Again, just a few strands, not all of his hair.
I feel like I should say something about the eyebrows too... but I can't seem to decide what :/ They're shape and placement are spot-on, but idk if it's the way they're coloured or thier lack of texture or what confused

Other than that, I think it looks very well-made smile Especially the eyes. The irises are perfect. The dark line drawn around their edges really made them pop. I would say this dark line would have looked even better if it was brown instead of green, but since I'm slightly colorblind I won't trust myself to make that critique. cat_sweatdrop The flat, cat-like nose was a nice touch as well to go with the ears. Apart from everything else, the only thing that could make it better would be if you made it a full-body picture (and clothed him emotion_awesome ) so that we could see more of your skills! biggrin You're talented - no doubt about it.

yeah XD i still have a lot to improve~ especially the noseXD!, I'm still far ahead from my goal! especially since i'm at the age were my style keeps changingXD. Thanks soo much Dark :]!!!!! I used to use photoshop but it was kinda difficult for me to shade and perform a clean lineart :] and when i got sai, I instantly fell in love XD haha~ don't worry! I've already start a new project :3XD thanks again for the feedback! it was really helpful!

Hygenic Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
solestrife
awsome 5/5 biggrin
+Like!

thanks sole :3 3nodding

Dapper Duelist

8,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
hilarious_icecream

yeah XD i still have a lot to improve~ especially the noseXD!, I'm still far ahead from my goal! especially since i'm at the age were my style keeps changingXD. Thanks soo much Dark :]!!!!! I used to use photoshop but it was kinda difficult for me to shade and perform a clean lineart :] and when i got sai, I instantly fell in love XD haha~ don't worry! I've already start a new project :3XD thanks again for the feedback! it was really helpful!

Don't mention it smile I'm glad I could help!
I myself use GIMP, because it's free, has every tool imaginable, and is very easy to use. I also just recently got Autodesk SketchBook Pro 2011, which mas more realistic pencil/brush strokes, but I haven't quite figured it out yet sweatdrop I've always wanted to try out Photoshop, because I've seen some very amazing things that were made with it, but I've never had the spare change to purchase it >.>"
One more thing: no need to apologize for the writing on his neck, if you don't want people to steal it, then that's your business. I'd do the same thing if I ever decided to stop being lazy and make something to put up on Gaia xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff