Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think the new category system is an improvement on the old one?
How should artworks be categorised?
Should they be categorised at all?

My main issue right now is that many art forms, such as sculpture, seem to be excluded by the limited categories.

Also, I'm a bit iffy about digital and traditional paintings/drawings being lumped together. I'm in no way suggesting that one is inferior to the other, but it seems like those works done using traditional mediums are at an automatic disadvantage as they are being displayed on the internet. (As in, digital artworks were created and probably thus best viewed on the computer.)

I'm really too tired to articulate what I'm thinking properly, but I'm just trying to start a discussion here XP
Hermit of the Hills
Do you think the new category system is an improvement on the old one?
How should artworks be categorised?
Should they be categorised at all?

My main issue right now is that many art forms, such as sculpture, seem to be excluded by the limited categories.

Also, I'm a bit iffy about digital and traditional paintings/drawings being lumped together. I'm in no way suggesting that one is inferior to the other, but it seems like those works done using traditional mediums are at an automatic disadvantage as they are being displayed on the internet. (As in, digital artworks were created and probably thus best viewed on the computer.)

I'm really too tired to articulate what I'm thinking properly, but I'm just trying to start a discussion here XP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff