Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have a unique art style?

How does somebody acquire a unique art style?

Is your art style recognizable?

Feel free to post any artwork.

Regular

User Image

Yup. [but I still have to work on it]
For me, you need to find something that is not seen yet in other styles.[e.g. I tried making the eyes more realistic(for a bit)]
I guess so.

[[sorry for the un-erased parts]]

Anxious Trash

I wouldn't know if anyone would be able to identify my work just from the look of it, but there are a lot of artists out there that can be recognized just from a single piece of art. For me, I can recognize an artist by looking at the selection of colours within the piece, the style of the subject, the line art, or by the mood that has been set.
I've been working on this:
User Image

Like my gallery on dA, it shares similarities to everything else I've done, but my style changes constantly. sweatdrop

Angelic Bloodsucker

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
Kyosude
User Image

Yup. [but I still have to work on it]
For me, you need to find something that is not seen yet in other styles.[e.g. I tried making the eyes more realistic(for a bit)]
I guess so.

[[sorry for the un-erased parts]]

It's cool doe.

Regular

kylah_mari18

Thanks. Hey, are you an EXO-L? I see Baekhyun in your siggy.

TehDarkling's Husband

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I've been told that my style is pretty unique and that people can recognize my work without seeing my name on it.

I think an artistic style is developed by mastering your craft while playing to your strengths and preferences rather than mimicking what others do or say you should do according to their preferences.
I think my style is pretty unique- I see a lot of similar styles lately in illustration/animation work and I think it's because everyone starts emulating their favorite artists too much or it's just a generation of artists with a similar outlook on art (think Adventure Time era or Craig McCracken era). My tumblr is leenyart.tumblr.com and my facebook is facebook.com/leenyart and my personal website is leenyart.com. I also use printmaking as a main media which I think is harder to find in illustrators today (except for fantastic artists like Yuko Shimizu)

Dangerous Worshipper

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
In truth. I think everyone has an unique art style emotion_kirakira

Eros's Kouhai

Toxic Collector

yep. link on my sig for samples.
just draw. a lot.

Eros's Kouhai

Toxic Collector

Ezra

awesome photos.
I'd agree with what most people have said so far. Around a year and a half back I was going through the same 'stage' as you, trying to create my style and all. I was really into anime and manga, and to some extent still am. But regardless of how hard I tried to adapt a more animesque style it never really felt... right? After some months however I gave up and just started drawing without giving style much thought. Yet funnily enough that's when things started to 'click' for me. I guess I'm still developing my style, but I would say that it's quite recognisable by now and I'm actually quite proud of it.

My advice to you would be that the way you desire to draw isn't necessarily always the way that you enjoy drawing. So don't try to adapt other's styles. Just give yourself time and it will slowly build itself. Development doesn't happen over night, you know. Now granted, I'm not saying that you can't get inspired or adapt elements of others style, but you shouldn't get too dependent on it, or it will suck all the fun out of drawing. Good luck.

User Image

Mewling Cat

7,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Junior Trader 100
I am new as digital artist, this is my art:
User Image

Divine Nymph

These are my drawings. They're not very detailed, but I think they're unique.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
let me know what you think ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items