Welcome to Gaia! ::

I happen to have a few shaded peices in the arena...in other words...

ART WORK THAT IS NOT MEANT TO BE COLORED!

But people still seem to tell me it needs color. It bother me quite alot.

No matter how much I want to tell them that it's a shded drawing and colour would pretty much ruin the whole concept...I hold my self back from blowing up. D;>

Share my pain?

Please no flaming...my feelings are hurt ever so easily. T^T

User Image
Feeling my pain yet?
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Little kiddies of Gaia just love their colorful, over-dodged/burned shiny animu art is all. sweatdrop Most people still appreciate a good hand drawn pic though. I think it's wonderful. ^^

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Thank you. -Tears of joy-

Well I think those litte kiddies should get the hell out of the arena. xD
Guilt-na Doll

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

But if they did that then they'd have to stop posting stolen well known artwork and we'd have nothing to flame/report. gonk xd

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Sorrowed
Guilt-na Doll

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

But if they did that then they'd have to stop posting stolen well known artwork and we'd have nothing to flame/report. gonk xd

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Oh my jebus, you're right!

I shall tolorate them!!!

Simply for the sake of reporting them later. <3

>D

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100

The sketchyness, the blur at the edge of the scan and the seeming lack of touching up on a scan would make people think that this is an unfinished piece of work, and so what they would think of finishing it is cleaning it up and colouring it.

It doesn't look shaded as it is, perhaps editing it in photoshop a bit could get the shading to stand out some more, instead of looking more smudgy?

I can try to do an example if you wish.

Wisupi's Senpai

Anxious Bloodsucker

I know D: People love the rainbowy colored pictures. None of them appreciate a good simple picture made with a pencil
I hate that too. D:
And besides, I prefer shaded sketchy pictures over colored ones.
And whenever I try to color my drawings, it always makes them look all dirty like. :[
They probably thought it was 1 of those pictures that look better colored than shaded, because I have seen stuff that should be colored rather than shaded. Addmittedly, I would like to see it in color, sweatdrop

DON'T KILL ME! *ducks in case of flying objects*
Shading is good and there is variable depths to shading. It may need some heavy shading in areas where they are needed ....with some people u can't teach art too and could never convince them other wise. So stay true to yourself as an artist and be always open to new techniques. Check out books at the library and learn more about it. Visit art galleries too and u can visit the galleries online as well.

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
Sorrowed
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Little kiddies of Gaia just love their colorful, over-dodged/burned shiny animu art is all. sweatdrop Most people still appreciate a good hand drawn pic though. I think it's wonderful. ^^

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Agreed, and yes I feel the OP's pain.
I have done the same in school art projects or when I was drawing art for friends....and they were asking me where is the color....0.o.
Obviously some people don't get that color isn't everything.

BTW Guilt-na Doll, I love LOVE love your art.
ya i can draw realy good i have a marker and i can use it but i do no how to read and pla
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.if you hang on i can get you a picture o wait here it is
well some people or shall i say kiddies dont understand that some artworks are better left shaded than colored in whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff