Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay HI GUYS! so I recently re-joined gaia and am VERY disappointed in how it progressed sad

Back in 2009 The 'Art Arenas' were full of participants voting, liking, and positively criticizing work. But now its basically a barrens waste land xD I rarely see new pictures of art posted and RARELY see anyone rate art.

The most screwed up thing about this though is MOST of the art on the 'popular page' is from 2009-2010!!! thats insane!!! not only that but some of the art on the popular pages DONT EVEN HAVE RATINGS!!

I'm also seeing a lot of thieves just taking pictures from google and claiming it as their own and it just really saddens me. Gaia used to be so lively and fun and now its full of a bunch of weird wanna be furrys (no offense) and people in their 20's-30's (I've meet ALOT of those people recently)

Its like WTF happened?? >,< Gaia Online you're ******** up man….

anyone else with the same opinion??
I was wondering the same thing... :/

Big Soldier

9,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
It's probably because there's barely any payout in contrast to how high everything is.

Fuzzy Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I agree. I have been playing for 4 years no, although I have switched accounts fairly often this is my main account now, but when I originally started play gaia used to be so full of life and all these wonderful people that contributed so much to create this wonderful community that I had grown to love and now it is dwindling down to what it has become now and it just saddens me. I hope that gaia will rise up to what it once was, I miss that.

Justice Hunter

11,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Yeah, I noticed that recently too.
I've only seen few drawings that are made in 2014. neutral
Yep it's too sad :/ I tried to rate, comment and post more the last days. Maybe the art arena will come back to live someday whee

Kawaii Senshi

12,350 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
yeah i was shocked that the spotlight-art was from 2009 and 2011. doesnt it get refreshed someday? lol dunno how the system works dramallama
So true >,< its also sad that you Rarely see any "Newbs" sad it means that there are rarely new players that come on here now #r.i.p gaia online lol

Friendly Phantom

6,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
The world has changed sad I used to be crazy for the art arena too. Now the entire thing is left to waste
i hear you guys... ive been looking for any artist that would be willing to draw some art for me.. and i have way more gaia gold than i ever had before! but no one seems to care lol, if anyone is intrested in drawing some art for me i have more than 2 mil gold just message me ! plzzzz!

Blessed Vampire

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
It seems to be a trend with many other websites - a lot of artists switch to facebook, tumblr or instagram. They are more easy to use, submissions are not limited and it is far easier to follow your favorite artists there.

I have been away from Gaia for some years and tried to upload some of the stuff I did in that time period. And you know what? I keep getting down-voted for no apparent reason. I think I will stop and use the time on my facebook page.

Sexy Toy

JD-Ayane
It seems to be a trend with many other websites - a lot of artists switch to facebook, tumblr or instagram. They are more easy to use, submissions are not limited and it is far easier to follow your favorite artists there.

I have been away from Gaia for some years and tried to upload some of the stuff I did in that time period. And you know what? I keep getting down-voted for no apparent reason. I think I will stop and use the time on my facebook page.

This is part of the reason I don't use arenas so often. Sharing is way easier with deviantart, tumblr, facebook etc.
I left this site years ago and came back today... OMG. everything is so dead ... this is really sad. I used to love the old art arena with great artists .... It was really nice and gave you the envy to draw better and better...
Maybe this part of the site could be totally re-done in a more modern and pro way.

Timid Loiterer

6,950 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
The art arenas seem to be broken from what I've seen
I've seen a post of mine have less than a one star rating before, something that really should not be possible

Not only that, but people seem to be rating erratically anymore
Full color paintings that I do now get no comments and lower ratings than the basic pencil sketches I did seven years ago
There's little to no feedback and it gives a feeling that the arenas aren't serious about art and help like they used to be

I only bother posting there now to have a sort of 'improvement' collection for myself
There's no payout and it becomes frustrating to watch my overall rating fall even when my works are improving
Honestly, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to join in anymore

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces