Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Why are there so many threads dedicated to bumping? I understand the reason, but...SOLELY bumping? Kinda takes away the meaning behind this, doesn't it?

Aged Millionaire

6,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
well...what else chould there be besides bumping? it happens every event! I mean don't you get it? its what they do. what we do. more like, we gotta bump you so that we made this thread.
llirbwerdnadivad
Why are there so many threads dedicated to bumping? I understand the reason, but...SOLELY bumping? Kinda takes away the meaning behind this, doesn't it?

I think people find bumping relaxing, they don't have to think about it very much.

Precious Sweetheart

11,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
I think it also has to do with the fact that these event forums basically become the chatterbox. The place where people have bump threads, most other kinds of threads don't stay around very long because the constant bumping on other threads keep them on the first page

11,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Mr kirby09
well...what else chould there be besides bumping? it happens every event! I mean don't you get it? its what they do. what we do. more like, we gotta bump you so that we made this thread.
Discussion about the event or the situations behind the event, etc...it wouldn't hurt. This thread, for example...it wasn't made for the purpose of being bumped. It was made for a discussion.

11,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Alini
llirbwerdnadivad

I think people find bumping relaxing, they don't have to think about it very much.
Mmm...guess that makes some sense...sounds kinda repetitive if they use it to relax, though...

11,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Magnesium Burn White
I think it also has to do with the fact that these event forums basically become the chatterbox. The place where people have bump threads, most other kinds of threads don't stay around very long because the constant bumping on other threads keep them on the first page
:/ But what's the purpose of making the bump threads in the first place?

Buggy Blob

26,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
It goes back to the first years of Gaia.

Fanged Punk

llirbwerdnadivad
Magnesium Burn White
:/ But what's the purpose of making the bump threads in the first place?

I'd blame it on people hoping for achievements, but Gaia events were giant bump-fests before the achievements were even a twinkle in a developer's eye.

I guess conversation just takes too long when you've got your eye on the prize. I still don't get it, though. Because if you've got your eye on the prize...if that's all that matters...you can get the achievements so much faster with gifts, why bother with bumping?

I mean, 126 gifts will earn you both achievements and all the items. If you can't find anything that's only worth 1 gold in the Marketplace, you can just buy starter crap at the Durem Depot for 2 gold. There ya go, a maximum of 252 gold, a couple hours, and you're done. Without spamming.

Mega Raider

12,025 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

13,025 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Thread Flip 150
llirbwerdnadivad
3nodding

Fashionable Prophet

5,450 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Person of Interest 200
llirbwerdnadivad

Simple: Bump 3nodding

Timid Visionary

12,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

Distinct Fairy

Distinct Fairy

Magnesium Burn White

Go Barton!

Quick Reply

Submit